The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Chanukah silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
THere are tons of silks out there that are Christmas themed one way or another. You can get silks w/ Messages like Merry Christmas. Silks w/ santa, or Rudolf, or a tree, or ornaments & lights, etc.

Does anyone know where I can get silks w/ a Menorah or a dreidal? How about a silk w/ Hebrew lettering? While on topic, how about a set of silks for Purim w/ Mordachai, Ester, Ahashvarous, & ofcourse, Hamen?

I need some for this year and would like to get them with out paying through the nose (Bad joke).
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I don't know but perhaps Richard Hughes can make you some --- of course, I'm not sure what paying through the nose means for you. If all else fails, you could try to do them yourself. For example, you can buy those iron-on transfer sheets to use with inkjet printers. Scan the images you want or use high quality images from religious graphics that are vailable on CD-ROM then print them out on these transfer sheets. Iron them on silks. The only problem I foresee is size: as far as I know, you will be limited to an image size of about 8 1/2 by 11 inches depending on your printer's output. Good luck!

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I currently have made up some mennorah silks that I made extra when I made up for another customer. I can email photos out if desired. It is a blue background with a yellow/gold candlestick with the lit flames. It is a 24" 8 momme silk. Cost is $40.

I can handpaint other designs that are not too complex. But since I am not Jewish, I must admit I would prefer to have the artwork sent to me to use.
Artwork should be made that it "plays" from a distance without too much detail.

Here are some rough costs for painting silk which will vary according to the size of silk and complexity of the design.

36”- 8 M- $70- $85,24”- 8 M $35-$45,18”- 8 M $25-25
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Richard,

I think there is a market for this. You could be the first to exploit it. I PM'd you re the silk you mentioned. I will try to send you some art work later today so that you can tell me if you think it would work.

Thanks,

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Here is a small photo of the menorah silk I have made.

Click here to view attached image.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Thanks Richard,
I will E-mail you later today.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Sounds like a good deal, Bruce.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Chanukah silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL