The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Looking for video of tricks good with flair bartending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pamelaSimmons
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of pamelaSimmons
Hello, I'm looking for a video with good flashy tricks for my bar. The boys in my bar are always trying to outdo me and use the fancy flair bartending moves to try and take attention away from me. Even though most of the time they can't Smile I would like to beat them at their own game and use some fancy magic moves to put those boys in their place. Need some help.

Thanks in advanced,
Pamela
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Pamela, Doc Eason hsa some DVD's that I here have "some" effects that may be good for your venue.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Hi Pamela, welcome to the forums. I don't know exactly what kind of magic your looking for but for Bar tricks and bets, I think Dan Harlans "Mindbogglers" DVD set is what you'll be looking for from http://www.llpub.com . I have the set and its awesome. You could make a lot of $$$ (not that you would do that right?)
spellcrafter
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of spellcrafter
I have to agree with Chris. One of the first names that comes to mind when people talk about "Bar Magic" is Doc Eason. You may also want to check out Tom Mullica.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
DOC EASON, Randy Wakeman and Bob Sheets come to mind..
they all have videos out that can help.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Also Scotty York,JC Wagner and Eugene Burger.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I'll repeat what has already been said (+ others things)

-Doc Eason (bar magic serie), Scotty York for great magic in a bar situation.
-Tom Mullica for hilarious tricks and stunts with different props (cigarettes, cards, money, notes...)
-David Roth has a DVD devoted to (flourishes and wagers). The last part is devoted to all those bar wagers and impossible stunts that can be performed with coins.

Good work!
Jonathan.
pamelaSimmons
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of pamelaSimmons
Wow, so many titles but I don't think they have them in the library. Does anyone know where I can get all this stuff?

Thanks in advanced!

Pamela Smile
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Here's a link to Doc Eason's Bar Magic:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/doc_eas......icks.htm

PM me if you need any help.. Smile
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Pamela--
I know for a fact that my Mindbogglers series will give you a ton of material that is appropriate for the bar. These are bets, stunts, cons, but people love them. I've actually run into a few bartenders in my travels that recognize me because they learned from my videos!
Click here

You'll also notice that if you act quickly you can get the whole set of 4 videos cheap if you don't mind VHS tapes!
Click here

If you are specifically interested in bar magic, I second all the recommendations above. Also, I suggest that you just learn some great magic and have fun with it. Performing in a bar is about personality.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Dang it, Dan, you beat me to it. Smile
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Please don’t put my name in the same sentence as ellusionist...

my website is http://www.doceason.com... there is a whole line of stuff there that is suitable for the bar...

doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Sorry.. Smile
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Stevens Magic Emporium has a great video titled "Bar Magic" with Scotty York, Bob Sheets, and Eric Mead. Not only does it include some tricks by each of these seasoned bar magicians, they also share their experience of mixing magic and bartending. I'll buy this title again if it ever comes out on DVD.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
I've heard there's a new chop cup built in a shaker (coktail stuff, but not sure 'bout the name in english though) wich would be PERFECT for bar magic (and flair)
maybe I'll post a topic about flair could be interesting... let's search!
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Pamela, I think I may be able to give you some one on one help with your magic. It will be hard work and long hours, but if you're willing to put in the effort, so am I!! Smile

Listen to Dan harlan and get his Mind Boggelers vidoe set. It is chock full of the type of magic that will be perfect in your venue of choice!

AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
I'm sure that's exactly what she wants, to be oogled by yet another magician. Reminds me of the last A-1 convention in 2001...anyone else remember that?

I'm guessing from her post that she's more interested in quick flashy tricks, rather than longer routines. I think some of the stuff mentioned, while excellent, wouldn't fit in that category, like the Doc Eason and Scotty York tapes.

I think the Mullica or Harlan stuff is more up that alley.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Aaron, that's a great idea. Oh, wait, didn't DAN HARLAN tell her that?

Sheesh!

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Pamela, why don't you go for the full package, get the DVD: Learn to Flair with Ken Hall, it's found at: http://www.barproducts.com/ Good resource for learning the basic Flairs,
In combination with the Dan Harland Mindbogglers tapes (packed with stuff that work well for bartenders) and you'll be the center of attention every night:)

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Hello??? I think she is looking for quick flashy tricks with no patter... A good start would be (imo) a bottle production/vanish...Jim Pace also has a video with a lot of visual tricks/gags... you could also check out cultural x change dvd for some ideas...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Looking for video of tricks good with flair bartending (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL