The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » FAN-2-C... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
...aka Completely Zapped by R Paul Wilson is interesting to say the least. He found a way to get the effect of Zapped

http://www.elusionist.com/audio/Shade.wmv

but leaving you with ungaffed cards. I had the pleasure of seeing Paul's version performed at Magic Weekend in October 2004 and I must admit that I was completely fooled by it so I didn't hesitate a second to buy it.

Now he has released the booklet at

http://www.rpaulwilson.com/FAN2C.htm

and it contains so many inspiring ideas, tricks and effects that it made my head spin. Imagine having five cards change into a Royal Straight Flush with a wave of the hand while they are lying on the table or being held by a spectator! The possibilities seem endless with this. I absolutely love it.

/Tomas
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Strange, I was also at the Magic Weekend this october and never saw Paul Wilson.
Tomas, you must have ment 2003.

I just purchased FAN-2-C, and waiting for the download.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What do you mean waiting. You should have received the download URL immediately. No?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I bought the download, read it, and am now giving the matter some serious thought.

First, with the Bob Koch original you can hold the fan of cards in one hand, and with NO cover or apparent motion, do a double take and drop the cards to the table... changed. You have to try this with the original.

Second, since many of you have downloaded the video clips from the Shade site, you will likely remember those one-at-a-time card changes as both stunning and memorable. I'm not so sure this method allows such an effect.

I fully understand the idea of wanting to have cards examinable right after doing such a card change. I'm going to hold off on commenting on how this plays for real people till I've tried it a few times.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Frank, if you paid via echeck the download is not immediate. He waits till the check clears before sending. Credit card payements go through immediately.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2004-10-28 12:41, Frank Starsini wrote:
What do you mean waiting. You should have received the download URL immediately. No?

Frank,

I payed with PayPal, and while waiting for the download, I was in here.
Now I have the PDM printed out.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Honestly, I feel that this was a bit too pricey for what you got. The PDF wuality was TERRIBLE...the Photograph quality was TERRIBLE...and the effect and method was not worth 23 bucks...

That is just my opinion.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I hate when the PDF wuality is terrible.

What is the reset like on this effect.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I paid with Paypal this morning and still haven't gotten it yet.Hopefully he'll get around to sending it soon.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I think that it represents good value for money if you consider the ideas and the thinking you're given. I do agree the layout is poor but the information is relayed clearly which is the main objective of a document of this kind.

Definitely recommended for content.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-10-28 16:18, Frank Starsini wrote:
I hate when the PDF wuality is terrible.

What is the reset like on this effect.

Reset wouldn't be instant, but it is quick.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Peo, my mistake...I meant last year but wrote 2004. Smile

Jonathan, I know it's hard to believe from the description of the effect, but when I saw it I could swear that the cards changed one at the time, just as in Zapped. The movement shouldn't be as quick as you think and can be done _way_ slower than you probably dare to do it the first times. Aim for letting one card at the time flip of the thumb to get the riffle sound as in Zapped...when you use the standard version of FAN-2-C, that is. There are other changes described though that simply are not possible with Zapped.

/Tomas
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I made it right after buying it, waited for the glue to dry and used it today.

Looks great. I think it's worth the money if you play with the idea.

I also bought mechanical fan steal which is another thing I'll use.

Cheers,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
For those of you who have played with this for a few days, how does it compare to the original "Zapped"??
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I think it will blow the original Zapped out of the water!Paul includes many variations and ways of doing it differently.I like the variation where you show a crap poker hand and then drop the fan on the table face up and a royal flush is staring you in the face!You can show your hands empty after dropping the fan. I love this ebook and to me its not overpriced because you get so many variations.Get it !you won't be sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » FAN-2-C... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL