The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bip Book test questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting the bip book test but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into. The two tests from the book that interest me the most are the revelation of the two or three digit number and the revelation of the shape. They seem very fair from the description and I would like to know if the advertisement is accurate.

Furthermore, some people complained that part of these routines don't really work in the United States because they use British currency. The advertisement doesn't mention anything about British currency so I'm wondering if the number test is what uses it?

Lastly, I would like to use this test in impromptu settings rather than a formal show. My idea was to tell people that I sent a letter to the British Institute of parapsychology asking how I can test my psychic abilities and they send me this book in reply. Then I can offer to demonstrate. Do you guys think that will work? My main concern about this book test is that people may think the book is a prop and not buy into my presentation. Therefore they would not take this trick seriously but dismiss as silly. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
The book is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket.It does not look like a magic prop.

The number revelation is not part of the "U.K." language.

Part of the word test does contain english currency.

Alakazam says they are making an American version.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
I would still like to know if the number and shape tests are as fair as the advertisement makes it seem?

Also when is the American version coming out?
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
I have done and the BIP book test. Most americans are not familiar with British money so that part of the word test did not really come up. However the word that is used for money can actually describe the other object. Basically I would say, don't worry about it. Its a pretty strong test.

shawn
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
What does BIP stand for guys?
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2004-10-30 13:35, BrainMagos wrote:
What does BIP stand for guys?

Something like "British Institute of Parapsychology"
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
zmagicleez
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of zmagicleez
I have the BIP book also and can say that this is a real gem.
By giving the spectator(s) clear instructions you have a foolproof winner in your repetoire.
I use this in strolling restaurant work and finish with the number revelation. I write it on a napkin, thank them for being wonderful and leave. You can hear the gasps behind you!
Buy it.. you wont regret it.
It's a small world... but you wouldn't want to hoover it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bip Book test questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL