The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PERFECT PEN : John Cornelius (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Hello , I have the original Perfect pen by John cornelius for a couple of years now I have to say it is the best ever made ! after several uses the pen top (the part with the clip ) is very loose when performing the effect the the cap starts to fall off.
My question is does anyone know how to contact Mr. cornelius ? a website ? maybe he can fix it or send a new cap THANKS , Note : this is the chrome pen .
Tophatter.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
You can fix the cap issue by pressing the clip in the cap in against the metal side of the cap. It pushes the metal nub in and tightens the fit. It explains it in the instructions.

As for the pen itself, I sold mine and bought the fully examinable bic style Pen-a-tration. Much better working and less suspicious in my opinion.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Tdowell thanks, what I mean is the the entire cap is loose not the clip , when I put the cap on the end of the pen during the effect it falls off use to be tight ,do you know if Mr. Cornelius has a website.
THANKS ,
tophatter.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I got it and loved it, and then lost the gimick. That was years ago. It's time for a new one.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
John's WEB site is http://www.johncornelius.com and his e-mail address is penthru@aol.com

Larry D.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 03:45, tdowell wrote:
You can fix the cap issue by pressing the clip in the cap in against the metal side of the cap. It pushes the metal nub in and tightens the fit. It explains it in the instructions.

As for the pen itself, I sold mine and bought the fully examinable bic style Pen-a-tration. Much better working and less suspicious in my opinion.

Is this the one from Doug Edwards?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
The one by Doug Edwards is no longer available. The method is also different. I'm a pen through bill afficionado and owned all of them. If you want the best, do a search and check out the "Executive Pen" There is also a chrome one available.
Gerard
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have the executive pen and LOVE it. Very classy item to use.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have used the Perfect Pen ever since it came out. The loose cap is very simple to fix. All you need to do is squeeze the sides of the cap gently. It will cause the cap to stay on the pen.

I PM'ed this to Tophatter, and he fixed his pen.

It's really a non-issue.

I worried about it when I first got the pen, called John, and he told me the "fix." So this is the "official" fix.

You just need to do it gradually. You don't want to flatten the cap out!

I still use the first pen I bought from John years ago.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Doug Edwards sold the rights to his pen to Tenyo who have brought it out and it's called THE ULTIMATE SHOCKING PEN.

This is the only authorised version of Doug's original trick.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 03:55, tophatter wrote:
Tdowell thanks, what I mean is the the entire cap is loose not the clip , when I put the cap on the end of the pen during the effect it falls off use to be tight ,do you know if Mr. Cornelius has a website.
THANKS ,
tophatter.

Tophatter, I was talking about the whole cap. It will tighten the space between the cap and the pen so the cap doesn't fall off. Push the clip in to the side in order to bend the nub in more so the cap won't fall off.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Bill PMED me with the fix .
THANK YOU ALL for your response !
Tophatter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PERFECT PEN : John Cornelius (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL