The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What mischief goes on in your woods? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Mischief Night. Always a tradition before Halloween at least where I come from.

As kids we threw eggs at things, tp'd trees, and soaped up car windows.

One of today's youth knocked my mailbox into the fifth dimension (I guess I'll laugh it off).

What can you remember or report?
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
This is just getting worse . . . and bear in mind in Britain it's just 5 days away from Bonfire Night (the so-called commemoration of Guido Fawkes and company being caught trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament!). So we have kids in their thousands dressed in black garbage bags and pointed hats wandering round at night, plus all the Bonfire Night fireworks, stinking fires being lit, Fire Brigades worked to their wits end, eggs being thrown, cars marked with felt tipped pens etc., - oh and this is in a so-called low crime, upmarket 'leafy' area. The inner cities are another story! The clocks have also been altered with British Summer Time ending, this is basically so that someone living in Fort William or Perth, Scotland doesn't have to travel to work in the dark in the morning! So the whole of the UK is disabled by an extra hour of evening darkness!

and Christmas is coming . . . PLEASE don't even mention that!!

Miserable Tony.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Tony,

Kids having fun...

Messing about with the clocks..

Christmas !.... yeah ...Bah! Humbug.

welcome to the World of Grumpy Old Men

Howard ( 60 next year)
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I didn't think any mischief went on in my woods, but they are all together in the golf bag all night . . .
Smile
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Mischief Night brings fond memories of M-80's saved from Independance Day. Goodbye mailbox, we bid you a fond farewell...Hello burning bags of dog poop...Glad you made it to a pesky neighbor's doorstep...

Yup. I did it. I'd tell you more...but I'm still on the lam!

Aaahhh...misguided youth...
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My personal best, was dialing a pay phone I could see from my window.

Telling the poor sucker (on a busy street) he was on a game show, and there was a $1,000 bill hidden in the trash bin next to the phone booth.

It was some good laughs watching people stare at this poor man digging.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Around my old city turf it was called "Goosy Night". Why? Dunno.

Anyway egg tossing, waxed windows, chalked walls and roads, toilet paper in trees as well as some vandalism back in the day. There was usually a costume / dance thrown in hopes of getting the mischief off the streets.

Oh! There was the legendary poop in a paper bag, place on doorstep, set afire and ring doorbell prank. Messy when stomped on!

Where I live now it's mostly toilet paper in trees. Whew!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Personally, I try to stay away from anyone who plays in the woods on Halloween. Just somethin' not right about it.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You do not want to know.

Regormortus
Mister Mystery
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Ah...good ol' Halloween...

I hate it. The most pointless of all holidays, if you can even call it a holiday (I personally don't think it deserves that status).

I find it very sad to see grown adults, dressing up like little kids. C'mon! There is a certain time when you have to stop acting like a fool!

To be fair (almost hypocritical I guess) I can't complain with the costume choice my girlfriend picked out.... Smile

Chris
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"There is a certain time when you have to stop acting like a fool!"

I hope my clock never rings that particular hour!
Off to Disneyland for a Halloween of silliness!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I was too sad, I just sat in my room figuring out how many cards were in a double lift.

Matt
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2004-10-31 13:31, Chris Berry wrote:
Ah...good ol' Halloween...

I hate it. The most pointless of all holidays, if you can even call it a holiday (I personally don't think it deserves that status).

I find it very sad to see grown adults, dressing up like little kids. C'mon! There is a certain time when you have to stop acting like a fool!

To be fair (almost hypocritical I guess) I can't complain with the costume choice my girlfriend picked out.... Smile

Chris

Pointless? Maybe...But it sure is a lot of fun.

Fool? Maybe..........But It sure is a lot of fun.

:evilgrin:

Regormortus
Mister Mystery
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I use to go to the favorite parking area/lover's lane and harass the teens that were making out when I was 16.

Caught the school prude one time. Smile
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I was a very bad boy when I was young.
I won't go into details here but Halloween usually found me and my best friend into all kinds of extra special trouble.
One of my funniest memories though is... We were trick or treating one Halloween by knocking on doors, but then we'd scoop all the candy out of the bowl and into our bag and then run away laughing.
Well, one of the houses we did that too found this lady grabbing my friends hand and arm, pulling him inside the houseand then slamming the door shut and locking it!
Next thing I know, I am standing there on the doorstep, hearing him laughing his head off and telling the old hag to let him go. Weird thing is, I don't hear a sound at all coming from the lady, just my friend, yelling and laughing.
Pretty soon I hear a shocked groan and then a horrible scream. I am standing there trying to open the door, turning the knob and frantically shaking the door but it won't open of course.
I didn't know what to do, I was so freaked out. I could hear more low voices from in the house in between my friends wild screaming. Then I looked down... I saw red fluid seeping out from under the door. That's when I lost it, dropped my bag and decided to get the heck out of there, telling myself I was running away to get help not because I was ditching my poor friend. When all of the sudden the door swung open and my friend tumbled out and rolled down the porch steps. He looked to be in pretty bad shape. Then I noticed the grin on his face, which he obviously couldn't keep inside. He stood up and began laughing hysterically. In like a matter of seconds, I felt relief and then anger before laughing myself at the whole thing and how he had pulled it off.
Then I felt even more joy, realizing I wasn't going to lose my bag of candy, which I picked back up!
We continued to have our usual crazy fun Halloween.

The question is, which part of the above story is false? lol

Happy Halloween... oh the memories!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
Jaz,

The old poop in a lit bag has always been a classic. You have brought a smile to my face.

I'm so glad that I know most of the kids in my neighbourhood!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What mischief goes on in your woods? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL