The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your routine premise or altered intro to Gregory Wilson's Questionable Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I've been working on Questionable Trick from Gregory Wilson's On the Spot DVD as it seems to be an impromptu alternative to scotch and soda that meets my tastes.

I'm finding that Wilson's patter starting with the trick question/riddle seems to baffle the spectator. I like a little verbal misdirection to cover a sleight and to embrace participation, but if someone doesn't figure out the riddle, even with a soft presentation, I've found that he or she gets a little disengaged from the routine. I've performed it 6 times and no one has figured out the riddle and the routine seems to lose momentum and I, their attention to a small degree.

So I'm trying to figure a different way to open the effect with language that makes more sense and provides some verbal misdirection to cover the switch, rather than asking a trick question then saying I'm going to perform a questionable trick.

Before I dig in (again) and try to figure out new language, does anyone use a different routine premise/patter, an altered intro, or anything else that works well with this effect? I like the handling and the rest of the routine; I just have a hitch with the intro.

Thanks in advance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your routine premise or altered intro to Gregory Wilson's Questionable Trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL