The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Young Sideshow Performers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
I just wanted to see if there were any performers around this forum that are under the age of 18.

Posted: Nov 16, 2004 6:28pm
-------------------------------------------
Hmmmm....guess not.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You are in a unique spot which is fast disappearing. You currently have the opportunity to get to know and talk to and LEARN from OLD sideshow performers. Pretty soon most all will be gone (except Todd who is just a young'n but a vessel of ageless wisdom and arcane knowledge nonetheless)

I would do all I could to get ahold of the OLD timers while you can. Plenty of time to chat with the young ones like your self.

There's so much to learn, so much that will be forgotten unless performers like you carry the torch!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Perhaps I am biased but I have found Jugglers and Sideshow performers to be the most giving helpful entertainers in the Biz. I currently live in Orlando, Fl and would love to meet with any old time showmen. Even if it was just for lunch. I'll buy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I may be moving again soon as the job tends to do that to me. 11 moves in 5 years. Can't grow roots if you have wings.

Will

Oh and Dark, I grew up in Oklahoma and started performing sideshow stunts at a very young age with the help of experienced circus performers. Now I work the cruise industry sucking the corporate tit. Gotta pay the bills somehow.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
oscarquella
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of oscarquella
You're right next door! Gibsonton, FL. Don't tell them I sent you, they might boot you out!
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
I am currently 15, almost 16 and am in an active sym chapter. any advise? anyone?
**--snap--**
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I know I am next to Gibston. I was hoping for a hook up.

Anyone? Nicest guy you could meet.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
oscarquella
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of oscarquella
I would recommend joining the sideshow central yahoo discussion group. (from http://www.sideshowcentral.com) Some of them post there and you could talk to them yourself.
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Quote:
On 2004-11-08 18:09, darkp0is3n wrote:
I just wanted to see if there were any performers around this forum that are under the age of 18.

The link in my signature will take you to an interview with one of the youngest performer in the business today. He is the Great Grandson of Al and Jeanie Tomaini, the strangest married couple. Al was a Giant and Jeanie was billed as the half girl.

I'm sure you will find the interview interesting.

John Robinson
Sideshow Central

Please come over and join our Yahoo Group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sideshow_Central/

You will find some of the Sideshow Greats there, folks like Ward Hall, Lee Koloszy, Ken Harck, Zamora, Harley Newman, Mark Frierson, etc, etc, etc.

There is a world of expertise in this group.

Also you might find Sideshow Central of interest. There History past and present by the bucket full there.

Wishing you the best,

John Robinson
Quote:
On 2004-11-20 23:01, The Village Idiots wrote:
I know I am next to Gibston. I was hoping for a hook up.

Anyone? Nicest guy you could meet.
John Robinson
Sideshow World
Preserving the Past....Promoting the Future of the Sideshow

Step Right Up It's always Alive on the Inside of Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Hmmm...it's been a long time since I have last posted. I haven't given up on sideshow performing right now. Just put it on hold. I Have no one to teach me, and I am concentrating more on my school life, I need an education in school more then I do on the techniques of fire breathing. When I am done with school, I will be back out searching and performing. I'm sure I will pick up a few more things along the way, but I do not want to self teach more then I already have, way to dangerous. I'm glad I realized it before I seriously injured myself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Young Sideshow Performers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL