The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best 3 Fly: Flipper vs. Shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you work from the coin set as provided by Robert Swadling, the handling to start a "three fly" like trick is almost self evident.

Also, if you try the two tricks in the instructions that he provides with the coin set, you might find yourself wanting to present the tricks as written.

Also, just a bit of wax and some creativity will likely make a wonderful combination when using both gaffs together.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
afshin
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of afshin
Greetings to everyone I was curios at Curtis Kam's comment regarding the I3fly. Has any one actually here seen the effect with Reed's I3fly and if so do the coins all vanish and reappear without ever the hands coming in contact including the last coin. The only reason I am curios is because I have a method that I can get all the 3 coins without ever my hands ever coming in contact including the last one, leaving me only with coins. It is very direct 1, 2 and 3 and only end up with 3 coins. Thanks
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of flipped
Do you need the have a expanded shell to do routines with the flipper coin? What type of glue do you use to glue your flipper?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I can't reconstruct Reed's I routine, I just know it was beautiful.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
In answer to afshin's question; Yes, the coins travel and your hands don't touch.

Reed called and discussed his ideas on the trick over the phone about a year ago. The mechanics discussed allows an International version of the trick where you don't fuss with the coins, they just go, one at a time. And Reed has a method where you can end with an interesting surprise climax if you want.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
afshin
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of afshin
Thank you very much Jonathan for the reply, it was important for me to know this. I wanted to make sure so that I wont put out something that has already been there. However the only difference with mines is that I use 2 copper and a silver for the 3 fly. I will be posting a demo of it on a web site for you and everyone in the Café to view it. There are 4 phases in the act, a very clean production a very clean 3 fly a very clean penetration effect. the last phase also has a complete vanish of the 3 coins using the classic hanging coin routine where all the 3 coins end up in your pocket and then they are all removed to be handed out for examination. I tried combining all the classics of coin magic in one routine as an act in the cleanest possible and direct manner with hardly any moves. I will update you all gentelmen with the demo. Thank you again. Oh by the way do you know if Reed is still selling his I3fly. Thank you
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Afshin,

Reed's first I3F was released as a separate manuscript and appears (I believe) on the "Coin Ovations" tape (?) this is a complex routine like the one you've described, involving a series of vanishes, penetrations, and reproductions as well as the visible transit.

His more recent I3F is the "no touch" routine, and the one I was talking about earlier. As I said then, it appears in "Knucklebusters 6", or maybe 7. Go to Reed's banner ad here, and check it out.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
afshin
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of afshin
Thank you Curtis
The only banner ad I saw of Reed's is the Knucklebuster 5. I did not see his most recent one with the "no touch" unless I am looking in the wrong place. I am planning on buying it as soon I can access it.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Though I am a fan of Reed's stuff and enjoy our conversations, the gimmick is not unquie to him.

Milt Kort has played with this gimmicked too, though Reed has defiantly stepped it up from Kort's handlings.Kort never used it for a I3f, or even half the ideas Reed has come up with using this gimmick.

But I thought credit should be thrown in there.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Afshin,

I spoke with Reed today. He says Knucklebusters 6 is the one you're looking for, and it's distributed by Murphy's magic. Therefore, either visit a dealer near you, check with any reasonably well-stocked internet dealer, or write to Reed directly.

Happy flying
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
The best one is not published yet but will be one day. As for the best published one? hmmm they all have there merrits. My routine is a combination of kurtz, Kam, Wilson, and a couple of my little twists. The best is yet to come once the origonal work is released.

tpdmagic
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
THREE STYLIN!WOOHOO!
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Why do people keep asking which effect, sleight, etc is the best?? When I saw David Roth do his winged silver, that was the best coins across I had ever seen. Then I saw Al Scheider do his, and that was the best I had ever seen and so on...You get the idea?
There is no such thing as best effect, sleight or whatever....Each effect/sleight is different in each magicians hands..

Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best 3 Fly: Flipper vs. Shell (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL