The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Good trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jorda.r
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jorda.r
Whats a good trick to throw into a video. basically it has to be a trick that looks great but it also has to llok like I'm just sitting there messing around not even aware that anyone is watching me (part of a scene in my friends movie). any thoughts?

I was thinking maby the floating match on card but that's a bit anglely or even maybe the humming bird perhaps... what do you guys think
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
I have never Performed to vidio, But think It must be easy, as the camara is 2D and easy to hide thing out of site. Jc Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 01:56, jorda.r wrote:
I was thinking maby the floating match on card but that's a bit anglely or even maybe the humming bird perhaps... what do you guys think

The humming bird is good.

Later <><
paolomagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of paolomagic
Quote:
I'm just sitting there messing around not even aware that anyone is watching me

it is hard to show a magic trick while looking like you don't know any one is watching you haha
Maybe you look for florish with cards? like onehand cuts and card fans.
Mucho gusto. Como estás?
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I think it's called Airborne, sitting minding your own business pouring a glass of Pepsi as your hand leaves the glass suspended in mid air to scratch your head. All the while the soda is still being poured into the glass. Just like one of the background tricks in a Harry Potter movie, waitress vanishes the bottle in a towel, quill-pen writing by itself, broom sweeping the floor without help...
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Here is a quicktime video of 4, 15 second commercials I was hired to do. (quicktime is a free download from apple.com) Let me know what you think of it. It was shot on 35 mm movie film. COOL!

http://homepage.mac.com/tfrank8176/iMovieTheater14.html
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Those were great spots Tom! Not just the performance, but the entire production. The voiceovers were great, and the ads very concise. 35mm gave it a very nice quality. I shoot with an XL1-S and although I LOVE the quality, it is hard to replicate the 35mm look while shooting. I can usually get it close in post. I'm looking forward to purchasing a new XL-2, which has the 24fps mode. I need to do a few more shows before I can get that though!
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
James, thanks for the feedback. It was a great experience. Funny thing was that they had the audio tracks and voiceover completed by the time I started. They had no idea how to get the magic in in less than 12 seconds. Another interesting note, with the expense of film they do not shoot too many takes.

thanks again.

Sincerely,

Tom Frank

PS I like your site, you got it going on!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Why do you want to do this?
What is the purpose of the video?
Is it to market? To Whom?

Many factors usually determine what it is you want to do.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Good trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL