The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's Hot? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
budzy
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of budzy
When talking mental effects, Larry Becker's name comes up frequently.

Frank
ChristopherWallace
View Profile
New user
DGAF
49 Posts

Profile of ChristopherWallace
Ooooh, guys! I just met with James and Daniel from Mentalism Plus today. I tell you what, this freaking thing blew my mind. Not only did the guys take the time out to visit me during a lunch break, but they went through different routines that apparently will be in the manuscript and some stuff that wouldn't. My mind is racing...
I placed a pre-order straight away, sure it's a high price, but Im prepared to pay a substantial amount of money to become this powerful. I mean, as they said, Derren can't do this stuff outside of the TV. I've already come up with two or three effects that will go straight into my stage act.

I mean, what more can I say... THIS IS HOT!

Chris
"The reason God gave us fingers is so we could hold a razor"
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
Good memory, Shrink. The only ad I took out for Skullduggery was in a little-known magazine called Seance, hardly what I would call hype. And that was 15 years ago. I was a piker by today's standards. Sorry you didn't find anything worthwhile in the book. I truly am.
LEO
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Leo, I found skullduggery fascinating. The best of all your books in fact. Loved the principles used within. It got a good review from Bascom Jones in Magick too!
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
Quote: 'I mean, what more can I say... THIS IS HOT!'

I mean, what more can I say...THIS IS HYPE!!:)

CarlD
ChristopherWallace
View Profile
New user
DGAF
49 Posts

Profile of ChristopherWallace
Well, that's your opinion, I've already stated my opinion. Im not the one selling the product so... no financial gain, actually Im just losing money because of these guys. Smile

Chris
"The reason God gave us fingers is so we could hold a razor"
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2004-11-19 13:01, lboudreau wrote:
Good memory, Shrink. The only ad I took out for Skullduggery was in a little-known magazine called Seance, hardly what I would call hype. And that was 15 years ago. I was a piker by today's standards. Sorry you didn't find anything worthwhile in the book. I truly am.

Leo,

I thought skulduggery was brilliant - some of the concepts in it were great and have certainly got me thinking .

I don't think Shrink gets it as it isn't invisible Smile although he may be kidding around too - lol
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Leo I really enjoyed the book I still have it. But the hype was way over the top.

It wasn't seance I can't remember how I found it. I am numerically challenged and prob to lazy to do the pre-work involved. But I still enjoyed reading it..

nice to see you in the Café!

Shrink

Quote:
On 2004-11-19 16:02, CarlD wrote:
Quote: 'I mean, what more can I say... THIS IS HOT!'

I mean, what more can I say...THIS IS HYPE!!:)

CarlD

Of course its hype so it should be its show business. I love hype as long as the product is good......and they are going over the top on the hype....

I don't mind I just find it a bit sweet since Daniel had a go at my hype....

As long as it lives up to its promise....time will tell.

What I find if somegjing is very good no one who buys it will talk about it so you won't hear the reviews. They keep it to themselves.

Shrink

Some of the top names now have 7th sense..
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
No problem Christopher, opinions are opinions, that's all.

Hype's valid, as shrink says, as long as the product lives up to it - which I have to say a lot don't nowadays. Is it just me getting more cynical, but really, are there less products coming up with the goods?

CarlD
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
I don't trust hype but I love it. And I have the effects to prove it, more than I could possibly use in two lifetimes, including some expensive electronic gadgets. I love this stuff (my early training as an engineer asserting itself, I guess) but I don't use it - at least not without a back-up. I believe in Murphy's Law and I've witnessed some horror shows to prove it. Now when I buy anything with as much as a lightbulb in it I ask: How reliable? Who repairs? What guarantee?
LEO
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's Hot? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL