The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic over the radio / phone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Which tricks do you recommend to do over the phone or on a radio?
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Mental effects are easy to pull off on phones...the right ones though..

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
The last trick you can make an elephant appear , It will be a good joke if you can get the sound of a hurd of elephants wrecking the studio. Jc Smile

This is for radio. If you get listeners to think of any playing card and to concentrate hard on it, you will predict it. You must prove yourself first with a few good working tricks, Now 1/52 of listeners will think of the card you pridict, (This is just the odds) they will be blown away and remember it for a long time, The others will dismiss it and may blame there lack of concentration.
What do you think. Jc Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
If you do the card trick, go to the phones right afterwards. You'll be surprized how many peole will call and play along, even if you didn't get their card. I did the old Grey Elephant from Demark about 15 years ago on Charles Laquidara's Big Mattress on WBCN and had phones ringing for over an hour.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I don't think the odds are 1/52 that people would pick the card you predict. I think if you go with the:

Ace of spades,queen of hearts or spades, any kings, 2 hearts or spades, your odds are WAY better than 1/52 to get their card.

Those cards (and a few more) are cards people just pick more often and their odds would be better than 1/52. I don't know if that's what you meant or not...
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
I'd stay away from card magic, as I guarantee no more than half will think of that card, stick with a "think of a number" trick, PM for an idea.

Evan
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
I did a ten minute routine one morning show in Detroit many years ago. The DJ acted as the eyes of the audience. The climax was the guillotine using the "Mayor of Detroit." Listening to the playback, it was funny as h**l. Not so much me, as the DJ. Got a bunch of calls and some business out of it. Easy enough to make the Statue of Liberty dissapear if you use the right script and have some "acting" ability.
David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
You should read "Jim Steinmeyer's - Impuzzibilities". It covers all of that kind of effects.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is another thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......12&9

That perhaps should be combined with this thread.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You should get the Banachek CDs.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
This is a trick for the radio Im going to be doing it soon in NC its called The Card In The Phone Booth.It can be found in MUM March96 vol.95 no.10 The effect is by Jeff Sikora this is a wonderful form of free publicity to take advantage of.PM me for detail.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
If you ask me, I don't think card magic over the ohone is a good idea, cuz its hard to perfect the effect and you don't know if it will turn out great or not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic over the radio / phone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL