The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No Apologies, Please... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
All over the web, I am seeing prayers and well spoken thoughts on boards, chat rooms, and digests concerning the incident in New York City. Immediately thereafter, I see apologies for the possible offense those thoughts may bring.

Please do not apologize for your prayers and thoughts, as they do come from the heart. If anything, we should be offended that others may be offended by our viewpoints and positions. For it is America, the greatest country in the world, that acknowledges our rights to believe what we wish and express our opinions and thoughts. It is also what this board is about. It is not against the law, nor is it written anywhere in the documents this country was founded on to offend others.

We have become sensitive to the extreme; way too politically correct for our own good! It has subsequently clouded our judgement to the point of allowing us to forget about the more important things in life...
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I agree Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Cliff
View Profile
New user
Warrington, England.
73 Posts

Profile of Cliff
Well said.
All the best

Cliff
Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
I don't think that compassion and caring for the families of those who so tragically lost their lives should be confused with the sin of nationalistic pride.

I for one do not think that America is the greatest country in the world. In fact I do not think of any country as being the greatest. It may be the most powerful, but that does not make it the greatest. It is a country with many many faults and failings like all other countries.

I will judge the greatness of a country by how well it cares for those who are bereaved and broken hearted. I will judge it by how well it cares for the poor and destitute in American cities and beyond. Not by the strength of its military might. I will judge it by how well it treats its soldiers when they are no longer able to fight.

I offer these thoughts not in an effort to offend but because I have a right to express my views as a magician who truly believes in the right to free speech for everyone even if the view expressed is unpopular.

Ken
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
No matter where you live, there will always be problems of some sort. There is no perfect country in this world, because there is no perfect form of government.

Governments are like any other kind of organization, they are only as strong as their weakest link.

I do feel very lucky however, to live in the United States. It’s not perfect, and it does have problems, but for me, it’s home. Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Well said, Mike, and "amen."

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I too agree Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
How right you are.
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Well put, Mike!

I will never apologize for having compassion for my fellow man.

Bengi Smile
David Smyth
View Profile
Regular user
Stourbridge, UK
146 Posts

Profile of David Smyth
Well said.
Back at the magic...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No Apologies, Please... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL