The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Chemical Magic - John Lippy Jr (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
Does anyone of uou have the above book? Please tell me more about it. Are the chemicals easily available?
Are the tricks impressive for stage magic?
Miracle Man Show
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of Miracle Man Show
I have "Modern Chemical Magic" by Lippy & Palder. While the book is dated, chemistry never changes, so the information is as good as the day it was written. Make no mistake however, this is hardcore chemistry. And IMHO, one should have at least a couple of chemistry classes under your belt before undertaking the performance of these effects. And while I'm offering opinions, let me say that I think that we should know as much as we can about any chemical substance that we handle while performing in front of others. We bear a responsibility for the safety of our audience.
As to the procurement of the chemicals in the book, it was easier to get them before 9/11 than it is now, but it is still possible. One source is http://www.boreal.com
I might also point out that these days certain chemicals will have an additional hazmat shipping charge, so before you decide on a certain effect, know how much it will cost to produce it.
Tom McCormick
"The Miracle Man Show"
There's only one Miracle Man, that's Jesus Christ; I just get to do a show about HIM.
www.themiraclemanshow.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Tom. Very insightful, informative post.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Another excellent site is <United Nuclear>
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Chemical Magic - John Lippy Jr (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL