The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Federal Bureau Of Illusion (FBI) Apparel/Accessories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

majishn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of majishn
Thanks to the innovative minds at Definitive Designs, magicians can now make a fashion statement and promote their expertise at the same time. Created for magicians by magicians, the Federal Bureau Of Illusion (FBI) shield is an ingenious design, inspired by the Federal Bureau Of Investigation shield, available on apparel and accessories.

Even the most-discriminating magician will immediately appreciate the symbolism found within the components of the Federal Bureau Of Illusion shield. Sleight-of-hand is represented by two white-gloved hands, and magic’s illustrious past, which dates back to ancient Egypt, is represented by three cups and balls. Of course, every magician strives to amaze, astound, and amuse, so it seems quite appropriate these three words were chosen to appear on the banner.

As an owner of a Federal Bureau Of Illusion sweatshirt, I have found the item not only fun to wear, but also a sure-fire icebreaker. When people first see the sweatshirt, they usually ask, "Do you work for the FBI (Federal Bureau Of Investigation)?" I always respond by divulging the true meaning of the shield, performing a piece of close-up magic, and handing out a business card. What I love about the entire process is that potential clients actually approach me instead of my approaching them, so the sweatshirt serves as a low-pressure, yet highly-effective marketing tool.

On the practical side, I have owned the sweatshirt, which is a comfortable poly-cotton blend, for over a year. After being subjected to repeated laundering, the sweatshirt has proven durable, maintained its fit, and looks every bit as good as the day it arrived at my front door. As stunning as the shield is on gray cloth, which is the color of the sweatshirt, I imagine it would be even more so on white cloth, which is the color of the T-shirts.

As a word of warning to potential buyers, I will confess the Federal Bureau Of Illusion shield seems to have a bit of a hypnotic effect on viewers. When I wear the sweatshirt and take my wife out to dinner, she sits across from me, gazes intently at the design, and ponders its true meaning, so it becomes a repetitive topic of conversation. Of course, as a magician who delights in discussing my love of magic with the love of my life, my wife, this poses no serious obstacle.

Pleased with my sweatshirt, I was intrigued to see the product line extend to include a laminated Federal Bureau Of Illusion identification card, which I was able to custom order by contacting the owners of Definitive Designs. After receiving the card, I quickly found a way to cleverly incorporate it as a staple in my close-up act. What’s next on my list? Most likely, it will be the Federal Bureau Of Illusion mug. Without any hesitation, I would give the Federal Bureau Of Illusion merchandise a definite "thumbs-up".

Click here to view attached image.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Cool.

I have an FBI shirt, but FBI stands for "Female Body Inspector"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey Majishn,

Thanks for the tip bro! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! Great helpful first post! hope to see you more around the Café!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
majishn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of majishn
Hi, DaffyDoug!

Thanks so much for your positive feedback on the Federal Bureau Of Illusion merchandise. I cannot imagine any magic enthusiast not being enticed by these products and their potential.

For more information, you can visit the Web site of the magicians/artists at http://www.mortanddonna.com. On their home page, there is a link to take you to their store, Definitive Designs. Once there, you can view an enlarged version of the shield by clicking on the Federal Bureau Of Illusion design, clicking on the item of choice, and following the instructions.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
American aurors...hmmmm...!

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
aardvark
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of aardvark
"When I wear the sweatshirt and take my wife out to dinner, she sits across from me, gazes intently at the design, and ponders its true meaning, so it becomes a repetitive topic of conversation."

Maybe she's thinking divorce, that would explain the gaze.
Seriously dude, your post made my day.
majishn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of majishn
Hi, Aardvark!

Firstly, my Federal Bureau Of Illusion sweatshirt was a gift from my wife, so wearing it lets her know how very much I appreciate her thoughtfulness. She was especially pleased I held the gift in such high regard that I would recommend it to other magic fans.

Secondly, I should have been more specific in regard to "taking my wife out to dinner". I enjoy wearing sweatshirts and jeans on those occasions when we are going out for a casual dinner. What self-respecting gentleman would wear a sweatshirt and jeans when taking a lady out for a formal dinner? On those occasions, it is strictly coat and tie.

My wife and I just celebrated our twenty-eighth wedding anniversary. As professional magicians who entertain at a large number of high-society functions, she and I have ample opportunities to dress formally, so, believe me, we relish those rare occasions when we can put on some comfortable attire, go to the local Dairy Queen for a dinner date, and make a couple of cheeseburgers disappear!

Thanks for your feedback, which gave me the opportunity to clarify my original post. Hopefully, our correspondence will help some "fashion-challenged" individuals make better wardrobe choices.
majishn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of majishn
After submitting my last post, I immediately realized my reference to eating cheeseburgers would be offensive to vegetarians. Please accept my apologies and know I have the utmost admiration for your beliefs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Federal Bureau Of Illusion (FBI) Apparel/Accessories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL