The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Holes in hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Hell evreyone!

BUSTOUT! got holes...

I just got a question for all of the fellow coinworkers:

have you got hole in your hands as I do?
I mean am I not "natural" or is it perfectly normal not to have "normal" fingers...
for instance, when I do edge grip, I can't hold the fingers straight. when I want to do this, I grab the coin "sleightly" near the end of the fingers so it's more of a "finger" grip.
It did not prevent me from doing coin magic, but back in the days I felt I was a little handicapt and nearly abandon the coin field (hopefully, I'm not easily turned around)

Still nowadays I feel a bit akward as I constantly have to rearange the handling to "fit my hands..."

Of course, a back palming would be (actually IS) impossible for me as everyone would see the coins...

Any similar experience and/or advices???

Cheers

Ludwig
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ludwig,

I have long/slender fingers, and till recently, had big gaps between my fingers too.

Imagine the fun when I started working on the Ramsay tricks. How much extra distance the coins have to travel and how how careful I have to be about hand positions and angles.

Skip ahead a few years and look at what happened after I got used to doing the work and more attentive to how I hold my hands.

The key to this stuff is probably right there in the Robert-Houdin book in the few pages about "The Eye". Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Ludwig, I also have "windows" between my fingers. However, I have found that they are most visible only when all the fingers are fully outstretched. When I'm doing a finger palm and the hand is relaxed and slightly curled, the windows disappear. And with a thumb or classic palm, of course the windows aren't an issue.

Take a look at your slightly curled fingers and see if the same thing is true. If you still have windows, a little side-to-side pressure should do the trick. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Thanks for your concern,
a burden is lighter when shared!!!
Thanks Seth, I've noticed that (had to figure a way somehow...)

Jon, reality is in the eye of the beholder...
Thanks for the kind words, if you succeeded, I will try too!
I guess we just start with a handicap that we can easily overcome!!

Cheers
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Holes in hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL