The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » What makes Houdini different? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Here is a link to Jim's website. He has some great books on various performers and history.

http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com/

I loved the little book "Antonio Diavolo, A Souvenir of his Performance". It must have been quite a site seeing an automata in one of those poorly lit stages.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Houdini as an escape artist was probably the best ever. Why? He was the only one who challenged the world to keep him contained. Goes back to marketing. Whether simple or difficult, it was the impression he left.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
And we mustn't forget...

Houdini DIED on HALLOWEEN (Now, THAT'S SHOWMANSHIP, brother!)

---which, created even MORE of the mystical & spooky legacy surrounding HOUDINI.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Not to mention the fact that, more than 80 years after his death, the mere mention of his name in a forum post can generate more replies than the next 22 topics on the page...
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » What makes Houdini different? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL