The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Needle Thru Balloon help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I recently purched a new needle for needle thru balloon at the same time I ordered on of the wands that the Needle goes in to lubricate it. There is no instructions with the wand I was Just wondering if they can be Refilled when the vasiline runs out?
Phillip
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Yes, it can be refilled, although you may not need to do that for years.
Just pull the cork out of the entry end and slowly, very slowly, put in a bit of Vaseline at a time.
Warning: this is an extremely messy procedure so do it where you can do an easy cleanup.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
Thanks Peter I do not seem to be able to remove the Gold tips (caps) the bottom one pulls off easily but the top seems glued fast.
Guess I will worry about it whaen it needs filling!
Phillip
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Well, I suppose you could do it from the bottom; after all, only the tip of the needle needs to be lubricated.
Nonetheless, wait until it needs doing; it is really messy; I use a syringe (which is easier to fill with Vaseline) and inject it into the wand. But, remember, if you don't have both ends off, you're forcing the Vaseline again trapped air after a point and it will start to ooze back out.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Your dentist or doctor should be able to supply you with something called an irrigation syringe. It has a plastic tip instead of a needle and you can load it from the barrel. A honey bottle may do the same if the tip is small.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
When performing this effect, I use "Three-in-One" oil, not vasoline. The oil is not visible on the balloon and all that is required is swipe on the needle with the oil soaked rag. I keep the rag in a tin. My advice, forget the wand looks, like a gimmick anyway. Use an oily rag to lube the needle.
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
The wand is ideal for storing and protecting the needle, as well as lubricating it.
There's no reason for the audience to ever see the wand.
In a kids' version, I have the needle gimmicked like a giant hypodermic needle and take it out of the protective wand while everything is still in my case.
For street work, I use a jewelled sword handle attached to the needle, so that the whole thing looks like a sword.
The wand is disguised as the scabbard, which attaches to my belt; certainly not "gimmicky" looking.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I need the wand it's part of my routine (for kids)
Phillip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Needle Thru Balloon help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL