The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zombie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
Do any of you have a good zombie ball routine?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Matt,

Welcome aboard The Magic Café.

The world is loaded with excellent Zombie routines. Some are for sale. You will find them on tapes, DVDs, and in print.

To me, the real secret of a beautiful Zombie routine is body movement. It is automatically a great fit for a wide variety of music. Audiences love it.

The real trick is putting your style and Zombie together to entertain the audience. Otherwise, you are limited to the routines for sale. But they are good starting points.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Losander is the guy for making the Zombie Believable, he does it with wands, canes, bubbles, and tables.

One of his teachings that burned an impression on me was the best way to make it believable is to not move your hands and the ball rises or the ball is fixed in one locations and your hands move. Moving the ball and hands at the same time in a rise or lowering like the normal zombie routines is less believable.

Hence, this is why he redeveloped the method of doing this. His DVD does show you this and worthy of purchase.

In addition, there are other methods and controversities related to why a silver ball. Do a lamp, or some object that is recognized as being heavy. At Halloween, a skull, or a pumpkin, at Christmas, a Christmas ball, etc.

I loved a SYM entertainer who did this with donuts.

Jeff McBribe's DVD MAgic on Stage, has an excellent method for the professional, then there are several comedy routines on VHS tape that are excellent.

I love the zombie, and will always love it because any levitation is magic. I don't listen to the negatives. There are many that don't like this effect.
Dennis Michael
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you want the most practical starting point, get Al Schneider's DVD. The Zombie is on the fourth disk of the set. This is the routine which inspired Tommy Wonder to come up with his method. This, in turn, inspired Losander.

Al gets more out of a (basically) standard Zombie than most people get out of a much more expensive version of the same thing.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Ordered that DVD from Denny and Lee because I don't have that Zombie routine.
Dennis Michael
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Matt,
Tim Wright has a great Video/DVD on Zombie. Once you know the basic stuff. Put on some mood music and tape a freestyle practice session. Who knows what you'll invent?

Good Luck,
Kregg

Posted: Nov 28, 2004 5:02pm
---------------------------------------------
P.S.
I noticed that you like fans... Tim's Video has a performance of Neil Foster performing Zimbie with his fan.
POOF!
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Find a video of Neil Foster.
He does an amazing Zombie.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Seeing Neil Foster's routine inspired me to do a lot of work with the Zombie. The most significant change since then, in my opinion, has been the modification of the gimmick as used by Tommy Wonder and Dirk Losander. This is well worth studying.
MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
Thanks guys. I'll invest in one of those. I really appreciate it.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Bill,

Great Zombie routine and I learned from it. Loved the CD, three routines look really good for me to pick apart and add to my routine.

Thanks.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zombie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL