The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Joe Porper Rattle Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I have this, I own this, I use this.
Another example of excellent workmanship by Joe Porper.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sean: It was made for 6 because I learned, and do, the Slydini routine and his clips were no longer being made. I went to Porper and we created an "improved" clip made of spring steel of a heavier and springier gauge than any other clips. And, as you know, Slydni routine used 6 Silver Dollars.

I also have a clip to hold 6 Half Dollars made by Mike Rogers.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagicJohnH
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MagicJohnH
Pete,
Who can I contact to get one of the half dollar clips?
MagicJohnH
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MagicJohnH
Pete,
MagicJohnH
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MagicJohnH
Pete,
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
I'm wondering about the lining of the container that holds the coins. If it is brass or metal of any kind, the sound of coins rattling in a metal container is quite different from the rather muffled sound when coins are rattled in your hand. Does the container have a lining that softens/muffles the sound?
Thanks.
Alan
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Porper rattle case is brass without lining. I think you may be worrying too much, when David Roth, Paul Wilson, and others use one as is.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Wow...It's nice to see this thread again, lol. It's been a while since I originally posted it.

Anyway, regarding the half dollar coin clip. If Porper made one that would fit 4-5 halves I'd definitely pick one up. Hope to see one made soon!

-Bill
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
Thanks Pete for the response. I still can't get past the idea that coins rattling around in a brass container have to sound a lot different from coins rattling around in a human flesh container. Think I gotta look around for a local magi who can demo one.
Best,
Alan
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you're concerned about a disparity in sound -- container vs. hand -- try this idea:

Do whatever false transfer or multiple coin pass you want, but once the coins arrive, don't rattle them in that hand. Only rattle the gimmick. This way, the spectators won't have any other sound to compare with.

In many instances, this isn't even an issue. Consider a C/S/B routine in which the two foreign coins are shown in the left hand, which is closed. That hand is shaken to confirm that the coins are there (?). The sound of actual coins has never been heard up to now, so no comparisons can occur.

By the way, the Porper Rattle Gimmick is very good, if pricey.

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Joe Porper Rattle Gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL