The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Christmas Decorations......when? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
When does everybody put up their Christmas decorations?

I'm getting hassle off the wife and kids to put them up now, but I think it is too early.

" Twelve days before...twelve days after" was what my mum always said! LOL

I think I'm going to give in for a quiet life!!!
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Leave the lights up all year lol

it takes me 2 seconds to put em up (i live in apartment) lol but all I do is just lights and a tree in the nest(living room) but lights on every wall
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Disneyland has the big tree up and and is all Christmas spiffy the day after Halloween, Nov 1st!

My tradition has always been to wait till Santa passes by Macy's in the Parade on Thanksgiving Day...that is, for all us old time New Yorkers, the official start of the season.

My Tree is in a box fully decorated...just pop it out and plug it in. No more untangling those lights! Smile

Happy Christmas UK!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sheesh... here in Alabama, when I drive around, I'd swear they come with the trailer.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
A lot of people I know decorate either the day after Thanksgiving or the on December 1st....

I think that's too early... I think two to three weeks before Christmas, and then they should come down a few days after New Year's.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
We usually put things up on St. Nicholas Day, December 6th and take them down on Twelth Night January 5th.

Since we're going to be out of town for Xmas this year we've decided not to decorate the house for the holiday so we don't really have to worry about when things go up or come down this year.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
When I was younger, I saw the joy in decorating the house for Christmas, and spreading the lights out all over the windows and rooftop.

But to me it is more enjoyable to go on drives to look at other houses decorated in the city. Less work. Smile

Here in Portland, I noticed decorations go up at least 1 week before Thanksgiving. In the stores they went up right after September was through.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
About a day after Halloween I started seeing stuff for Christmas.

I think the song was retitled "The Twelve WEEKS of Christmas" somewhere in the late 1980s.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2004-12-01 18:53, Payne wrote:

Since we're going to be out of town for Xmas this year we've decided not to decorate the house for the holiday so we don't really have to worry about when things go up or come down this year.

Unless it's the price of gasoline, huh?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Man, it seems like the Halloween decorations just came down. I have a Haunted House through October 31, with lots of props and such. I dread having to put up the Christmas decorations, but it does help me get into the Christmas mood.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
This year.....December 24.
Most years.....December 15ish
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Our Family has always started decorating the house the day after Thanksgiving and hanging up Christmas cards as they arrive in the mail. Our tree goes up 3 weeks before Christmas and NEVER comes down until January 2nd (bad luck to take it down any sooner).
We cut our own tree at a "Tree Farm" since we now live in the city.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
So there is another debate...

Real tree or artificial tree?
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
We decorate on the day of the local parade when we return home.

They are up early, but it gives the day more meaning.
Then everything comes down a bit earlier.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Just put up and decorated oura today. Never really had a certain date to have it done by but my wife is always hounding me "ASAP after Turkey Day please!" So, it's done for another year....oh wait....I still have to take it down don't I? Darn the luck!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I figure it takes so much work to put everything up, that now I want it to be displayed for at least a month due to all my effort! Dec 1st for me and always packed away by Jan 1st - Late afternoon of course. :O)

Only thing is for the first time last year I neglected to buy a real tree as I had a new puppy in the house. (Didn't want to give him any ideas - ha ha) so I purchased a tiny 2 ft artificial one and placed it on a high table. Wasn't the same!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Christmas Decorations......when? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL