The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fadeout by Meir Yedid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Dragon
View Profile
New user
The Dark Shadows.
90 Posts

Profile of The Dragon
Anyone tried this? I was thinking of buying it but maybe would find out more first. Just a question: can the deck be examined after the effect?
Don't think too much.

Just hit it.
Evolution
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Evolution
No it can't
i am an idiot
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Nope!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's a fine effect, but I like Sankey's take on the effect better. But to each his own.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Dragon
View Profile
New user
The Dark Shadows.
90 Posts

Profile of The Dragon
I think I'm taking it off my wish list. =D
Don't think too much.

Just hit it.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Its not that bad. Of its genre, you still get really good reactions from the audience.
Magnum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magnum
Which sankey effect are you talking about?
ash_arani
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ash_arani
The sankey effect is called Fade Away. You can find it on his DVD "22 Blows To The Head". It is killer effect and an astonishing closer.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
I like the effect, it gets a great reaction from the audience. while you can't hand the deck out you can do a quick fan of the backs and show its legit.

the reset isn't that bad once you play around with it for a few hours and find what works best.

in the instructions I believe he gives proper homage to blizzard and other effects of this genre.

oliver
MrMagic1
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MrMagic1
I kind of like it.
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
Oagwood is right. It is amazing that you can do a front and back fan with an incomplete deck and the brain perceives the deck as complete. This you do in the beginning, where your audience already assumes a regular deck, to increase the final reaction. Finishing with a fan will require you to change your handling to put the deck in order.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Which came first - Fade Out (Meir Yedid) or Wipe Out (Peter Duffie)? It's the same effect/method with a slight variation.

Rick

ps) shouldn't someone jump in here and mention that Blizzard is great too and IS examinable at the end.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There's no reason for them to examine the deck. If our presentation is dead on, they won't care as they will have been entertained.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
Does anyone know a method to reveal the cards that would reset the deck for the performer?
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Tanselkaya,

What I used to do was display the D/F cards (as blanks), then drop them in batches onto the table. When I came to the regular backed blanks, I'd (also in batches) show the faces, flip them over to show the backs, then drop them (face down) onto the D/F's already on the table. Voila - instant reset.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Nice handling Rick, thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Nobody has touched this post for a decade but wanted to put in a quick "thumbs up" for this effect. It really get a fantastic reaction. Has a great one-two punch to it. And visually, a full deck to a completely blank deck is super strong.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I also love this effect. For those of you who still use it, I'd recommend looking into Nicholas Einhorn's Penguin Live Lecture as he has some other great ways to use this and bring it in and out of other tricks.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fadeout by Meir Yedid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL