The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Ideas for publicity stunt on tv (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Hi friends. What could be a good publicity stunt for a tv appearance that is also relatively cheap???
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Generally speaking, the words "good publicity stunt" and "relatively cheap" don't go well together. Most of that statement is based on your other posts that I have seen, so I am assuming you are looking for something large in scale.

My best advice is that if your budget doesn't allow, go with something simple like an escape (straight jacket, packing crate, combination of both, etc), and really build it up. Look at some of the work Robert Gallup has done if you're looking for a better visualization.

Something inexpensive *can* be put together with high impact...so long as you don't want to vanish a building. Smile
MichaelCollins
View Profile
New user
Colorado
5 Posts

Profile of MichaelCollins
Sit in a box submerged in water at the top of a 90' pole covered in ice with no food for 44 days. It plays big.
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Dear friends, what I meant was frozen in ice is relatively cheaper than Statue Of Liberty vanish..... I am sure even Copperfield worked with a simple budget during his early days but found a way to pull it off cheap and convincing like the lear jet vanish... Anyway thanks for the cool ideas. I wonder if there is a way to pull off what MichaelColins suggested???
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
Robert Gallup is a genius. I had a talk to him the other day actually. Very kind and inspirational guy. He's publicity stunts are brilliant too.

James
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Get everyone interested by telling them you will make a lear jet disappear too. se a Toy lear jet.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Good idea...........Smile
AlmostAmazingJames
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of AlmostAmazingJames
Be in a bathtub for 24 hours filled with two live cats
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Sriously...there are lots of things you can do with the right amount of money and the right crew to pull it off....but you are asking a lot for to little....but you can do a levatation of some sort. Say in the water or over a pool...or even better yet...you can walk over the salt lakes in Utah....that is the least expensive that I can think of cause all you need is a plane ticket over there....LOL...just kidding...well I hope the best in your ventures

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Thanks Mirror Image............
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Get as many blind folds as you can, penny taped over the eyes, metal blind fold, bag, as many as you can handle all at the same time. All shown to camera. Drive a convertible through the streets of your city. A nervous news reporter is in the passenger seat while the camera van drives along side. Publish the route you intend to drive in your local newspaper, you may get a crowd interested enough in the stunt. This is nothing new, been done before and is as cheap as you can get. Sell advertising space on the door of the car or get a car dealership to loan you a car for free advertising, you may even make a buck on the deal. Good luck, Rick
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Now the ideas are pouring Smile
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
A Headline/Cassette Tape prediction got me in the door with a Boston TV station. Go right for the show's producer. More often than not the host is just the face of the show and has very little to do with the bookings. Producers love when you come right to them, not "Well, so-and-so told me to call you".
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
habilo
View Profile
New user
germany
44 Posts

Profile of habilo
There are many simple (and cheap) effects that, when built up correctly, will serve you.
what about a card stab? yes, I know, that doesn´t sound like a publicity stunt, but if you do it during a bungee-jump, you will have the attention....
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-03-09 04:11, habilo wrote:
There are many simple (and cheap) effects that, when built up correctly, will serve you.
what about a card stab? yes, I know, that doesn´t sound like a publicity stunt, but if you do it during a bungee-jump, you will have the attention....

This was done by Cyril in one of his Japanese TV shows. it was quite amazing.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
I would lock myself in barrel and put my self in middle of a train track And escape being ontop of the train.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Ideas for publicity stunt on tv (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL