The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Review needed: Mikame "Heart of Gold" and "Beads of Iran" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Hi,

has anybody ever heard of this two effects? They both look really nice, and that/s what they say you can do with them:

Heart of Gold:
Change objects, make predictions, all done with a metal object in form of a heart which is in full view all the time.

Beads of Iran:
A nacklace case with a necklace is shown. The necklace is put in a bag - puff, the necklace is gone and appears again on the necklace case (I have a nice routine for that effect in the very good book "Sheherazade" by Borodin: now I think about buying this necklace case - it's 50 bucks....)

Thanks,
Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Who is selling these item? I never heard of either of them but they do sound interesting.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
"Beads of Iran" is sold by http://www.daytonamagic.com and by http://www.thetrickery.com . In fact, this trick is "simply" a necklace case, and therefor sold by thetrickery as "Nacklace case.

The other one, "Heart of Gold" is also sold by thetrickery.com, but there are many more shops that sell it. On the website of thetrickery.com is also a review, but this is the only one I could find and I was wondering if somebody has ever used them in a show.

Magixx
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Quote:
On 2004-12-10 05:57, calexa wrote:
Heart of Gold:
Change objects, make predictions, all done with a metal object in form of a heart which is in full view all the time.

I have Mikame Craft's Heart of Gold.

In my own humble opinion, I think it is great. I get fantastic reactions with it. It is beautifully made and looks superb.

While it can be used to change objects or to make a small item appear in the heart-shaped locket, I have only used it so far as a prediction. The fact that it is a Gold Heart lends itself perfectly for playing up an emotional angle for whatever routine you may choose to go with.

Is the hanging metal Heart in full view at all times? Technically no. But the switch is so utterly ingenious and near instantaneous, no spectator will suspect a thing. They'll be looking right at it during the switch and won't know anything happened. It's one of those effects where the dirty work is so clever and devious that I get that feeling of guilty pleasure when doing it. Smile

While the switch is self-working, there are other aspects of the effect that will require just a bit of "work" on your part. But nothing too difficult. There are some angle considerations, so keep that in mind. The price I got it for (and the price I see it still advertised for at various sites) is surprisingly low for this item, in my opinion.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Thanks very much, Rocinante! I think I´ll get it.

Magixx

PS: Anybody something to say about "Beads of Iran", the Nacklace Case?
The Balloon Animal
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of The Balloon Animal
Well said Rocinante
it is a wonderful switch completly amazing idea
God Bless

Michael Lynn Jr.

The Balloon Animal

Music, Magic and Awesome Balloons

www.balloonanimal.com

www.twistergifts.com

www.twisterart.com
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The heart of gold effect is pretty much koran's medallion.

the props allow a spectator to open the locket and see the prediction himself.

the instructions don't adequately explain how to cleanly cover two key points:
1) copying the choice to the prediction.
2) loading the prediction into the apparatus.

those who perform mentalism regularly will consider these non-issues.

I offer these suggestions for those who might be interested:

instead of using a three-digit number, predict three letters of the alphabet. these could be the initials of someone special to the spectator.

to reduce the angle problem I have added some strips of cardboard to the prop which holds up the stand. spectators can be almost all the way to the sides and still see nothing suspicious. (although cardboard IS pretty ugly.)

to cover step 1), have the current date already written on the notepad. when copying the choice, pretend to be writing the date (in case the performance may be an historically siginificant event). cover the prediction with the hand and turn the notepad to show the date to everybody.

to cover step 2), hold the notepad in both hands, the left grasps the front of the display (notepad going behind) and the right slides off the pad to grasp the hinged prop. now move the stand to some more visible position on the table. (everyone knows a person needs both hands to move a picture frame or an easel.) during all this the right thumb does the dirty work.
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
That's some great handling advice from dragonash. The switch on this is very deceptive. One of my favorite Mikame items (along with the Mystery Key Holder).
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
After receiving the device I have developed a routine, in which a spectator thinks about his dream last night. He is asked to describe some of the visual elements he or she can remember (for example trees, planes, mountains, and let´s say himself, standing under the tree). While the performer writes some basic details on the notepad, he quickly paints a very basic picture of the dream of the spectator.
Then he turns the attention towards the golden heart and tells the audience that he had also a dream last night. He pulls out the heart on the chain and a spectator opens it. Inside is, of course, the basic picture which shows the dream of the performer. The picture matches with the description of the dream the spectator has given some minutes ago.

The main idea comes from a story by Borodin used in his book "Final Curtain". The handling with the "Heart of Gold" was my addition. I will write down my handling and presentation ideas in more detail in the near future.

Magixx

PS: Thanks dragonash for your advice!
z7948502211
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of z7948502211
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2005, calexa wrote:
After receiving the device I have developed a routine, in which a spectator thinks about his dream last night. He is asked to describe some of the visual elements he or she can remember (for example trees, planes, mountains, and let´s say himself, standing under the tree). While the performer writes some basic details on the notepad, he quickly paints a very basic picture of the dream of the spectator.
Then he turns the attention towards the golden heart and tells the audience that he had also a dream last night. He pulls out the heart on the chain and a spectator opens it. Inside is, of course, the basic picture which shows the dream of the performer. The picture matches with the description of the dream the spectator has given some minutes ago.

The main idea comes from a story by Borodin used in his book "Final Curtain". The handling with the "Heart of Gold" was my addition. I will write down my handling and presentation ideas in more detail in the near future.

Magixx

PS: Thanks dragonash for your advice!

Could you tell story‘s name in book Final Curtain?I got this book。
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Review needed: Mikame "Heart of Gold" and "Beads of Iran" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL