The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic World (theme park) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Does anyone remember an amusement park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee named "Magic World"? It was centered around magic and illusions. They had several full-time magicians performing. I'm looking for memorabilia or videos of their performances.
Anyone remember this park?
Wes
"Macho Magic"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You might want to post this on the KIDabra web-site because, this is where they hold their yearly Conferences. Sombody there might know.
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I remember Magic World. It closed down and I really don't know anything about it. I remember they had a magic show with character dressed as Merlin The Magician in a big, mascot-like costume. They also had other things to do besides magic. I can remember seeing a high-diving act and some acrobats I believe. I woiuld be interested in seeing video of this also. It would probably spark some old memories.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Our local six flags establishment (magic mountian) was approached by a member of our local IBM ring, and told there was no magic in magic mountian, and they ought to add some. He suggested hiring performers to work the v e r y long lines. Instead they hired him to perfrom at the entrance. A place where people make a mad dash for the rides and can't be bothered to wait for anything. Obviously the idea was a flop.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can understand why that flopped. Nothing worse than trying to show magic to people who have other EXCITING things to do.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic World (theme park) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL