The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Before D.Copperfield walked through a brick wall... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Oddly the Walking through isn't described in "Secrets of my Magic", I've just had a look and don't think I missed it. Apparently at least one person takes The Great Alexander's claim seriously - T. A. Waters's "Encyclopedia of Magic and Magicians" gives Alexander as the inventor of this illusion. Of course it's quite possible that more than one person came up with the idea independently, after all how many ways are there to walk through a wall? At least one method is bound to have occured to several people... the obvious one.
bdormer
View Profile
New user
Maryland, USA
49 Posts

Profile of bdormer
I think on WGM 4 (or was it 5?) a duo called "The Fantastics" did a similar illusion. It starts of similar to the "sawing in half" where the girl gets into a box, they do some misdirection business and it appears that she penetrates right thru a rather sturdy looking steel plate. It was quite a good illusion and well performed. The method was applied in a somewhat unique way. I'd like to see more of them.
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
bdormer

They were The Majesticks (forgive the spelling) and they can be seen at the SAM Convention in New York this week.

thecardman
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Interesting stuff!

But who designed the "Collision Course" in which a sports car was driven through a block wall resting on top of a flatbed trailer framed by a ramp on either side. You could see under and completely around the set-up. It was designed in the late 1980s for Lincoln-Mercury and option to it was given to Copperfield?

Any takers? Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Would that be YOU Darmoe?
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Not to question who was first. I certainly liked Doug's version of the "wall", with the "little old bricklayer", poor guy. The wall was up off the floor and you "could see right under it.

Blair Marshall
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Perhaps many of you are aware of my great-grandfather who performed the effect of walking through a brick wall in the 1800's.
He enjoyed naming his effects, somewhat like the late T. A. Waters, but not in such cryptic ways.

My great-grandfather performed the effect of walking through a brick wall quite regularly and gave it this name:

"Adore"

Terry
Smile

Sorry, but I couldn't resist!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
If you can believe what Copperfield said in his China Special, a monk's remains were found imbedded in a wall,his skeletal remains running in and out of each brick. He apparently "diffused" through it...

Now,HE (the monk)would be the first to have performed it... though technically he got stuck in the middle... does that count? Smile

Smile

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Before D.Copperfield walked through a brick wall... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL