The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Success Courses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I was wopndering if anyone here has ever done any of the self help Courses such as Tony Robbins, or anything from Conant Nightengale, or anything else along those lines.

I was also wondering if you found any one of those particularly helpful, efficacious or outstanding?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I've done something like that!

Not to sound too over-the-top...

It changed my life! (for the better of course...)

I recommend those you've just listed wholeheartedly...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I've done several including the Nightengale/Conant stuff and Tony Robbins. The main thing is however, that it depends on what is holding you back as to whether or not a particular tape set is going to help you. A lot of Tony Robbins stuff is motivational which means if your main problem is that you can't get off your butt and at least try to accomplish something then his tapes are great. I have to say Daffy that having read a lot of your posts this is not anything you need to worry about. Your involvement in magic and constant creating of new ideas means you are a goal setter. Having said that I would recommend going to the used book store and getting any books by Og Mandino. Vernon Howard has some interesting stuff as well as Guy Finley. All the new motivational stuff is based on the old as with anything. Rock On and Have a Happy New Year!!!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I have and recommend anything by Zig Ziglar.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Take a look at Napoleon Hill, he wrote, "Think & Grow Rich."

He is considered to be the father of Success Motivation.
Everyone else has followed in his foot steps, Robbins, Nightengale,
Zig, and even my favorite, Brian Tracy.

Steve Hart
the "Motivational Magician"
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
Another good program that works wonders is Body For Life. It's not a typical 'motivation' program but I think it is a great program that affects all aspects of your life. This program guides you through how to eat and exercise properly to become the 'best' you there can be. When you take care of your body and eat properly you'd be amazed at how everything else starts to change as well.

Cheers
Dayle
World's Most Accomplished Female Escape Artist
http://www.sherryandkrallmagic.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Tried Body for Life, three times. Taught Tony Alesander's The Art of Listening, and a variation of his Platium Rule on personalities, and own several Cassette Tapes Course by Nightengale publishers. What cassette courses I have left from those courses, I give away to top posters on the KIDabra Discussion Forum.
Dennis Michael
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
I guess if you tried Body for Life three times you didn't stick with it? Why not?

Cheers
Dayle
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Dayle, since you asked...

First Time, I blew out my belly button and ended up in the hospital.
Second Time, Cardiac Arthriams went wacky, and ended in the hospital.
Third time, I was "gun shy". The three strikes and your dead got to me.

I thought this was the best of all the diets. I really was motivated and pushed myself to win those contests but major medical stumbling blocks stopped me (Almost Dead) in my tracks.
Dennis Michael
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
Yikes! No diet is worth almost dead. I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with it. Smile

Cheers
Dayle
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Sometimes I sit and think, other times I just sit.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Success Courses are all well and good if they work for you aswell as they did for the guy running the course. If you are given the correct tools of self analysis then you can sort out most of your issues yourself and understand the process of how you were thinking.
90% of the things they teach are common sense, what you do with your common sense can make a big difference in how you are perceived by others. And how you are perceived is the whole basis of success.

Think of a person you really like or you really warmed to, a magnetic personality you could say. Study this person and look at what they are doing to make this wonderful thing happen. Teach yourself how to act/behave in the mannor of this person and you will begin to understand how it is done.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
That is excellent advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
I agree partizan...on a larger scale the same applies to calling in Management Consultants.If a compny calls them in, they are basically saying "we don't know what were doing".So Consultants can tell them a load of old rubbish...results wouldn't be expected to be apparent for some time, by which time the consultants are off and away with thier bounty.

Howard
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I read anything by Fred Carnagie. He teaches you cool stuff like remembering peoples names and stuff...

Jeff
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I read anything by Fred Carnagie. He teaches you cool stuff like remembering peoples names and stuff...

That is so cool to remember things. I bet you are a better person for his teachings. I am interested in the stuff though, what is the stuff? Is the stuff the thing that gives you success?

I have lots of that stuff and I share it with others, I try to help people overcome the many constructions that have been placed in their way. and use stuff to help understand the obstacle and how to deal with it.

He never said this...
Remember, To remember a persons name out of obligation is one thing. To remember a persons name out of a desire to understand the person is a prerequisite.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Success Courses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL