The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creepy magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

K0ZZM0
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of K0ZZM0
Anyone knows any good creepy tricks/dvd/video/webmovies

things that scares the [edited] out of people...... not only visually but mentally...

or stories about tricks.... things you heared maybe.....

I'm not talking about andrew mayne stuff, because that's not scary at all if you ask me.... not saying its bad, but not the kinda thing I search...
I'm more talking about stuff like you see in THEM(Totally hidden extreme magic), Crawl up Elevator Wall, Flies from Mouth.

Or the Moving Ink on Table with a certain presentation ( ghost communication, paranormal stuff) could get pretty creepy.

Just to say, the trick doesn't HAVE to be scary at first sight(can be), but if you got any ideas....

I hope you peepz can help me out here
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Oh, man, you've got to come to my show.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
TaylorTheGreat
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of TaylorTheGreat
Criss Angel man! That guy freaks me out! He did this wicked card trick to one guy, takling all the time then at the end he started to cough and a freaking donve flew out of his mouth! He's creepy man!

Cheers.
-Taylor M
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Do a search on the names Tony Andruzzi, Charles Cameron, Brother Shadow and Eugene Burger. Lots of scary stuff in their material. Things like a tray of sand with a footprint burned into it that flares up in flames and tentacles start to crawl out of the fires (that one almost got me killed for real once - ask me later), or a golem that is moulded out of clay right in front of someone and walks across the table!

A coffin nail that is from the coffin of an infamous serial murdered. When held whisps of smoke from the firey pit are seen to seep from it!

Scary enough?

These gentlemen were some of the leaders of the Bizarre Magick Movement in the 80's and 90's and earlier. Tony Andruzzi was something of a mentor to me and had one of the most wonderfully devious and sneaky minds anyone could imagine, living the persona of a dark mage 24/7/365. He could scare you half to death just ordering dinner.

I was fortunate enough to have met Charles Cameron at an Invocational in 1990, I believe, and a kinder, more gentlemanly gentleman one could not hope to meet - but when he performed, he could scare the screaming bejasus out of you with a simple lift of an eyebrow and a single word.

Take a look for some of their works, especially the Collected New Invocation compendium put out by Kaufman and Greenberg. It's pricey, but worth every penny, farthing and groat you might have.

Hope this helps!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Tony "Docc" sheils has some creepy effects also, If you can get ahold of his books, do so. Charles Camerons older stuff has some freaky effects. I don't have any of Andruzzi's books or his video, I'm waiting for the anthology......if it comes out. I'd like to know what else is out there that's really scary, things that are more practical to take to clients houses and perform. I have a few of my own Bizzare effects which I should be releasing sometime. Anymore info on scary material would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Mike
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
You may want to check the work of David Parr as he has a few effects in his book that have an edge to them...

As an idea....

Why not explore what scares you and build an effect around the premise?
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
K0ZZM0
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of K0ZZM0
Scares me? hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.... thanks already to all of you for the info...
Nightmare Weaver
View Profile
New user
The Shadows
62 Posts

Profile of Nightmare Weaver
I remeber once I scared a table of men and women I had just met with nothing more than a beer bottle cap and an IT set up. I had just been intro'ed to them by a mutual friend and they were talking about psychic stuff. They asked me if I thought any of "that mind stuff" was for real or not. I set them up with a story of how I was practicing making things move with my mind. To demonstrate I pointed to the bottle cap layingon the table. Had it examined and replaced. Then I starred at it for what seemed like a long time (probably 30 seconds) when suddenly it twitched and moved not even a quarter of an inch. I feined exhaustion and even had some run and get me some water.

Afterwards one of the guys exclaimed you better keep practicing. I told him I would and that little bit of movement was the result of 10 years of practice. It made a big impression and spooked the chicks pretty well.
In the shadows, just on the edge of your nightmares. That's where you'll find me.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
@ nw:
They believed you???

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Nightmare Weaver
View Profile
New user
The Shadows
62 Posts

Profile of Nightmare Weaver
Sure. I wasn't intro'd as a "magician" and after the effect I didn't do any other effects. It left the impression that maybe just maybe that telekenesis was possible.
In the shadows, just on the edge of your nightmares. That's where you'll find me.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Wow, I´m impressed.....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
One miracle per day (or evening) is what Mr. Burger tells us in the classes!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think the conservative angle of making it move just a tiny bit was excellent. Less is more!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creepy magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL