The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How do you use your circus wagon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hi there folks,

I've got a circus wagon, and a rabbit. I'm interested in hearing from anyone on how they present this effect and any bits of business you use or would like to share or have thought of.

For now I've been telling the kids my rabbit is inside my white balloon (fits my character in the show) and blow it up and put it in the wagon. There is a rhyme in Chinese with the magic words that they all say and then I pop the balloon and the rabbit is there. There is more, but that's it very simply.

Please share if you've got any ideas on presentation. Even if it's for a different rabbit production, like a rabbit pan (which I've ordered recently), or a drawer box.

Thanks in advance,

JoJo

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...........I'm beginning to think that either no one has a wagon and it's just a piece of junk that no one wants to discuss, or it's such a super effect that nobody wants to give away their bits of business. Don't worry, I'm in no way in competition with anyone, living so far away in the Far East. Even any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I have something similar, I used to show an uninflated ballon, I am the worlds greatest bahhlooner blower upper, kids tell you its balloon, (I said balloon, no you said bahhloon, no, you said bahhloon sort of thing) You try to blow it up but you go red in the face, tell them you must of not stretched it enough, strech it above your head and down by your feet like a workout and then snap it on to your fingers and scream in pain try to blow it up again but snap it from your mouth to your hand again scream in pain.
Tell them you must of been blowing it up from the wrong end and blow it up, the balloon blows up backwards (Do you know how to do this?) Take balloon and tell them you are the worlds greatest ballooer moddeller ( or bahhlooner if you want to repeat the gags) tell them you can make anything they ask for, do the old behind the back false twists piece making all the noise. Who said snake well done, see I can make anything, go on ask me anything, pretend to hear rabbit, A RABBIT! you don't want me to make a rabbit do you? YES,Of coarse you don't, YES, YES, I can't make that one today, MAKE IT, Oh no I can't, Oh yes you can (three hours of this is sufficent) ok I'll make a Tiger there see, he's in the cage can you see him, that because hes invisble, don't laugh you don't see very many of them these days. Ok I'll turn it into a rabbit, place balloon in holes tada, a big white fluffy rabbit, that's A BALLOON, If we all say the magic word after three the rabbit should be their one to three take balloon out and quickly draw rabbit features on look isn't he pretty 'he's not real' OK well put him back inside the box we'll say the magic words and it will be a real rabbit 1.2.3 give your selves a big round of applause for its 'name' the magic rabbit.

Needs a little fine tuning and tweaking but overall its got a few nice B.O.B.

Here is a little joke/story you might be able to use:
Tell the kids about a story about your family,
My mum who was made out of balloons and My dad who was made out of balloons and my brother who was made out of balloons, and one day I was so angry that they wouldnt buy me any custard flavour beans that I got a pin and I popped my mum then my dad and brother for being so mean! then I popped to the shop. They blew themselves up and my mum said you've let your brother down, my down and your dad down, how do you feel I sais I feel like I've let everybody down.
Its corny but hey, a gags a gag!

Matt
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Super stuff Matt,,,like it a lot. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
I have used my circus wagon for circus themed show- day at the cirucs, Howzat the clown etc. I played the part of a side show talker geting the audience to view the terrible animal that even kept the lions and tigers away. Eventually I produced it- Sammy the Skunk,(spring of course). Ed Gilmore
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
You tell the children you will now do the famous appearing Lion trick when you make a lion appear in side this Circus wagon. Because the Loin is a bit shy you cover the wagon with a hanky. Do a few waves of your magic wand then place you hand to one ear to hear any sounds (make a few pretend lions raws).

The table starts to rock as the Lion starts to gets more vocal, you say to the children that you will pat him to settle him down. Opening the top door placing your hand in you quickly withdraw minus your hand (really just slipped down in your sleeve) shouting “MY HAND”. Feeling a sign of relief you hand pops out of your sleeve tapping it against the table just to make sure its still there.

“Ok Now you’ll get you” with those word you wisk away the hanky showing a cute rabbit inside to the laughter to the audience.

Magician

Aus
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I use the wagon in all my b-day shoes and I use it in some of my stage show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How do you use your circus wagon? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL