The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Disney Channel "Now You See It"...teen magic movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Promo looked REALLY cheezy...kid magicians with Delite etc...and one with 'real' powers.
Will they blow some tricks? Who knows. It will be on next week.
Promo didn't mention if any 'names' were associated with it.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Cheezy?? Ya think?!?!??

Now You See It... tells the story of what can happen when a reality TV show uncovers something that is not meant to be seen on television.

Aspiring teen producer Allyson Miller signs up to produce a new reality show that is searching for the world's greatest kid magician. Desperate to find her star, Allyson stumbles upon Danny Sinclair, who proves to be her best shot at getting on the show.

When Danny is selected as one of three finalists, Allyson is prepared to do whatever it takes to win. While the other two contestants, Brandon and Hunter, are good magicians, Danny appears to have something more. Even show host and master magician Max, has taken a special interest in Danny's talent. When Allyson finally learns the truth, that Danny's magical powers are real, she must protect him from those who want to destroy him.

Previously titled Search for the World's Greatest Kid Magician and then The World's Greatest Kid Magician, this Disney Channel Original Movie began filming in the New Orleans area the week of September 20, 2004.

Don't miss this one folks!!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'll try not to miss it, but I hope it will not expose any tricks or methods, as Doug mentioned.

Regan
Mister Mystery
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Jon Racherbaumer is a Magic Consultant for this project, so I think it unlikely they will be exposing.

- entity
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
When does it air?

Regan
Mister Mystery
jazzman990
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jazzman990
The Disney Channel has been airing promos saying the show will air on Friday, January 14. I'll be setting my VCR!

I'm excited for this, because I hope it'll get a lot of young folks interested in the art. I doubt there will be any exposure, and sure, it may be a bit cheesy (being on the Disney Channel and all), but this could be a real benefit for our community!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Jazzman. I will try to remember that date and watch it.

Regan
Mister Mystery
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
"Cheesy"
dude, it's for kids...what do you expect? They weren't making it for magicians.I can't wait to see it,it sparks the imagination of my neice & nephew & makes them want to learn more.Plus Bobby(Borgia) is teaching simple tricks ,that's kinda cool.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I watched most of this last night.
They have the magic palace instead of the magic castle.
The palace too has a library.
Frank Langella is Max the Mentor Magician. Fine job he does.
Nothing was exposed.

Quality props and set design.
Overall a nice story and a benefit to our craft as an ambassador for that which we do.

It was interesting to note that the wizard kid was conflicted by his real powers.
Kind of reminds me of my youth!~r2
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Wasn't bad. They did, however, make the magicians look rather geeky and have no taste in style. But over all I think it's good because I'm fine with more exposure (the good kind) to magic. At this point we aren't at a risk for over-exposure.

Magician/comedian Pat Hazell appears in the film as the star's father. It was very funny to see him pop up on the screen. He did great.

One point I didn't like was when they exposed a gimmick to a levitation. It was an effect simmilar to that of a Yogano chair levitation. They could have done without that.

You'll all have to see it for your self.

J
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
They also "exposed" the zombie levitation.

At about 4 different times during the zombie Basketball presentation, the gimick was out in plain sight and was pretty noticiable.

Perhaps you wouldn't see it if you didn't know what you were looking for, but multiple viewings would give it away for sure.

I cringed when I saw the thick black curved gimicked going between the ball and the girl's body, and then later on it was flashing because of a bad angle...

They should have covered angles and stuff before filming imho or at least edited it out.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I agree with getting kids (public in general) exposed to Magic. The biggest kick I got was my 3 yr. old Grand-daughter watching it and telling her Mom "Poppa does that magic". I started showing her magic a few months ago. She loves it!
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Moonmagick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
30 Posts

Profile of Moonmagick
I agree with all of your comments. Yes it was for kids BUT I think kids are more sophisticated in our times than we give them credit for. I was also cringeing over the Zombie exposure of the gimmick, why did they use that footage? It was almost like they wanted us to see it. Their are also a lot of good kid magicians out there that could of performed that trick really well. And I was not so happy about the explanation of the Yogano chair levitation. All in all I expected better. But on the other hand, it is good for magic to get some exposure too. Just my two cents!

Luna
Live on the edge of your dreams, balance on a thread, fall into the void, get out of your head.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK I'm a little upset because I saw it when I was browsing amd I thought it was magic but my wife said to change it because it was about kids not magic. AARRGGHH!!! I hate missing stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Disney Channel "Now You See It"...teen magic movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL