The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed Card in Ornament (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Here is a trick that I came up with that I wish to share since its closr to christmas. The basic effect is that a signed card appears in an ornament plucked off a christmas tree.

Prep:

First you must be familiar with the trick now-u-c-it now-u-dont gimmick. Just split a card and attach this gimmick to the right hand corner so you have a card ornament.

Place this card with the gimmick facing you. Force the card any way you prefer. Usually I do a force where the card is second from top so I can perform a double lift and after they sign it I turn it face down on the table. Turn the deck face up and cut half off and give it to the spectator face down and allow them to mix their supposed signed card into the deck. While they do this do a quick murcury fold to the signed card which is now at the bottom. At the same time allowing your index finger to enter the gimmick. Finger palm the card as you hand the rest of the deck to the spectator for further mixing. Now you can go into a mindreading portion where you try to name their card. You miss of course, this is your misdirection to flip the card behind your hand and show your hands empty as you go to the christmas tree saying you need you crystal ball but an ornamet will do just fine. Make sure you get a cheap round ball. As you gaze you can secret get the card back into finger palm hiding it with the ball and just go ahead and break it revealing the card. Or you can keep the card behind hand and just hold the ornament with index and thumb as you come down and crack it on the table gravity will flip the card from behind the hand to the front of hand and it looks as if the card appears in the ornament. Well I hope this works out if you plan to use it for christmas. This is my most request trick to do when Im at christmas parties.
sanju
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of sanju
Haha, that's a pretty nice idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed Card in Ornament (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL