The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Setting a price for a new effect. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsavant
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
157 Posts

Profile of magicsavant
Example: you come up with (what you believe) to be an incredible and original effect.

Generally speaking, mentalism costs more than traditional effects. So, you should charge what you think people will pay. But, is there any guide to base this on?

Any ideas? Links?

Cheers,

Rick.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Show it to some professionals or at least skilled performers that you can trust won't rip you off, and ask them how much they would be willing to give for it.
It is impossible to judge until you actually see the effect or at least get a down to the point description of it.

The secondary to value is the material cost or the device, what's interesting is the effect and idea in itself.
I paid 350$ a short while ago for a bunch of ungaffed, glossy colored cards, and
instructions and it was well worth it! Smile

Sven
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I think you have to look at what you think its worth and get some others magicians or mentalists to ask what they would pay for it. On Lee Earle and Larry Becker's website they tell you about a formula they developed to put a good price where everyone (the customer, them, the manufacturer, etc, etc) wins in the deal/selling of the product.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
magicsavant
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
157 Posts

Profile of magicsavant
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 13:06, scott b. wrote:
I think you have to look at what you think its worth and get some others magicians or mentalists to ask what they would pay for it. On Lee Earle and Larry Becker's website they tell you about a formula they developed to put a good price where everyone (the customer, them, the manufacturer, etc, etc) wins in the deal/selling of the product.

Really? Thanks. I'll give that a look.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
You can find that relevant information at:
http://www.mentalismunlimited.com/Misc.html

Good stuff and good folks.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Setting a price for a new effect. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL