The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Closer.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Ive been reading the topic entitled 'Opener', there have been many topics in the past about how to open a show but not many about closing a show. So I thought Id start one.

So, what do you guys use to close a show? Do you have any tips on what 'kind' of effect to perform? Do you blow them away and leave them wanting more or do rounf things up nicely and remind them of what 'normal' reallity is?
Bestwishs,
Alex.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I close with a standing ovation.

In seriousness, I generally will close with one of a few things, depending upon the client group:

1) A Q&A routine
2) a blow out, suprise prediction

K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I gotta agree with Kennedy on this one. Nothing can strike more deeper and more personal to a crowd then a Q & A routine, if you want a substitute try a show prediction where certain things have been predicted that happened throughout the show.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
I close with a prediction that involves all the audience and leaves one person with something to take away (then they remember me)
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
I close with a 3 envelop test (similar than cassidys in compleat principia)
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Osterlind's Magazine routine or Lesley's/Tobin's Big Game is what I use.
On some occations I also have used Becker's headline prediction/Marvoyan Prediction/Alberstat's1000$ Prediction

Sven
art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
back in the USA, FINALLY!!
159 Posts

Profile of art the magic guy!
If I am doing a small after dinner show I like to end with an effect in wich the spectator seems to do the effect---

ESPerfect, zenner tech, and jay sankey's --STOP SIGN-- come to mind.....
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will ALWAYS place the mission first
I will NEVER accept defeat
I will NEVER quit
I will NEVER leave a fallen comrade
----I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER----
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Closer.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL