The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy and Annemann (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Hey Guys,

I noticed that both Bob Cassidy and Theo Annemann have effects avaiable called "4th Dimensional Telepathy" and all both seem to be a triple divination.

My questions is, are they both the same method?

Thanks, Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Scott-

Developed by Annemann close to seventy years ago, Fourth Dimensional Telepathy was the best camouflage of the one ahead concept that had yet been devised. (It should be noted that when Burling Hull released Annemann's effect, it also included an alcohol transparency method.) Much later, Al Koran, seeking to achieve the effect without a force, devised an impression method thus allowing three free selections.

In the 1970's the late Fred Kolb, utilizing a bold application of the window envelope principle, improved the effect considerably by doing away with the need for forces or impressions.

Working independently of Kolb I approached the problem first with a variant impression method (published in "Pseudomentally Yours" in 1978), then with the first of three billet-switch approaches in "The Art of Mentalism" (1982) Further refinements appeared in my later writings. My goal was to devise a method that would eliminate the need for a force or an impression (both of which could go wrong under fire) and would allow me to secretly glimpse the first spectator's writing. From there the handling remained pretty close to Annemann's original.

How well I succeeded is for others to decide, but the effect eventually became, and remains, the mainstay of my public performances.

Best regards-

Bob Cassidy
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Oh my lord, thank you so much Bob! Answered my question and then some

Thanks, Scott

Btw, I plan on ordering Artful Mentalism very soon (when I get the cash) so cannot wait for that.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy and Annemann (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL