The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Transparent 3-way force bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
My impression is that I have stumbled over these in the dealers' adds every second day or so,without needing one.
Now, that I actually really need one for a new routine, it doesn't seem like I can find one!

Would you please give me a hint where to get one?

Thanks

Sven
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi Sven,

Sorry but I can't help you with that. But I've found that its quite easy to make you own force bags from clear ziplock plastic bags. The zip lock portion is good to hide the fact that you have inserted (something). And moreover when you fill it with billets or whatever it's very difficult to spot anything you may have done to the bag.

Last time I saw the clear force bag was a two-way bag for the Mona Lisa (jigsaw puzzle effect). Anyway, clear scotch tape and clear ziplock bags will do the work for you.

If I stumble across a marketed item I will let you know.

Regards

Jan
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Jan;

Thanks for your advice!

Sven
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Sven...

E. Raymond Carlyle (Ed Fowler) makes a great forcing bag... with this bag you can actually hand it to the spectator to open and go to the side you're wanting to force... it's not cheap but it's worth the price...

You can find more details and order one here: http://carlyletouch.com/PageOne.html

Jay Sankey makes a very inexpensive forcing bag that's useable if you don't need a big bag... Jheff sells it for $9 -- check it out at: http://www.jheff.com/Clear_CloseUp_Switch_Bag.html

If you have Osterlinds ETMMM series he tells you how to make a very useable and durable forcing bag yourself from an item you can find at an office supply store (although you being in Norway might make this problematic)... I can't remember which DVD it's in but he describes it as part of one of the effects... the Osterlind bag is very similar to the old Koran forcing bags that were put out by Supreme...

One of the best forcing bags I have ever seen were made by Gene Neilsen and his wife (Lady Valerie) and sold through Jeff Busby years back... unfortunately they are no longer available and are hard to find in the secondary market... I was able to recently score 2 of them at the fall Magic Castle swapmeet and it was a nice find... Carlyle's bags are based on the Neilsen bags and work just as well...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Anthony,
The one that Busby sold that you're referring to is the one that came with Seafire. I believe that to be the one that Sven is speaking of.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
When Jahn Gallo lectured here the past September, he showed us a transparent bag with a flap - 2 way forcing only. I think the price was really cheap...5 euros I think. I don't know if you can find it on the internet but make a search. It's pretty clean and good!
João Pedro
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hi Sven...
Don't waste your time with them, they are garbage. It screams: "HEY, I'M NOT GOING TO CHEAT, SEE, YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THIS" !

~Rick~
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
149 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
The Magic Apple is Studio City sells them and I"m sure he would ship it to you. They are $3.95 each
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
$2.40 + Free shipping

http://www.mrwiztrunkofmagic.com/closeup2.htm

I don't own the bag, so I can't vouch for quality. On the other hand, what do you have to lose.

Elliott
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Gentlemen;
Thanks for all your input.
Yes, the bag is the Nielsen bag for the Seafire, as Rick mentions.
I bought the routine some days ago. The bag that came with it had a small tear (I knew that before I bought it), and I just wanted to secure that I have a spare bag available.
Fortunately I was PMed yesterday, with an offer I accepted. Thanks, R.

Quote:
On 2005-01-06 16:34, A_Blake wrote:

E. Raymond Carlyle (Ed Fowler) makes a great forcing bag... with this bag you can actually hand it to the spectator to open and go to the side you're wanting to force... it's not cheap but it's worth the price...

Tony;
Thanks, that's exactly where I read about the bag last time, - I just forgot it.
It is good to know where to get another one when that time comes.
Quote:
If you have Osterlinds ETMMM series he tells you how to make a very useable and durable forcing bag

Yes, I have the ETMMM, and would have used that idea if not any other alternatives had turned up.

Quote:
On 2005-01-06 19:50, RickSilmser wrote:
Hi Sven...
Don't waste your time with them, they are garbage. It screams: "HEY, I'M NOT GOING TO CHEAT, SEE, YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THIS" !

Rick;
I get your point, agree to it when it comes to the use of fishy looking props, and can tell you that I try to avoid as many props as possible in my act.
Actually you won't find any, except for paper slips, a slate, a few envelopes, a deck of cards and a very few innocent looking other items.

However, and with all due respect, this specific bag doesn't look like anything else than what it actually is, an ordinary freezer bag. I am dead certain about that no one would find that suspicious.

Thanks for your advice, though. I appreciated it.

Sven
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Sven...a plastic freezer bag on stage ?? What is it you are forcing or switching ??

~Rick~
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2005-01-07 03:58, RickSilmser wrote:
Sven...a plastic freezer bag on stage ??

Well, what else would look natural when you need a container of some sorts?
One of those old fashioned velvet forcing bags with tassels and a handle??
- :o) Just kidding!
Quote:
What is it you are forcing or switching ??

The routine is something very special.
However, it is not any longer available, and it probably won't be.
Because of that, I really don't know how much the creator of it wants it to be discussed in an open forum.
I hope it is respected that I don't say much more about this.
If the creator finds it okay, he'll probably step in and give the information about it himself.

Regards

Sven
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

My first project of the New Year is going to be an updated version of Seafire Sequence which I believe is much stronger than the original. In addition to the test you will receive a very versatile change bag (ala ETMMM) which will allow a number of other great routines as well as a "special something" that is a great ending for a number of book tests!

I hope to have this available within a month.

Happy New Year!
Richard
pointStack
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of pointStack
There was a great routine for an all clear change bag in an issue of Syzygy. The routine included instructions on how to construct the bag from a zip-lock type bag. Sorry, but I can't remeber which issue.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Quote:
On 2005-01-07 12:16, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Gentlemen,

My first project of the New Year is going to be an updated version of Seafire Sequence which I believe is much stronger than the original.

Now that would definitely be of interest to me! Do keep me posted on the progress, please!

Drew
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Since Richard mentions above that he pretty soon will put out an updated version of Seafire Sequence, I can tell you guys that the original Seafire I got hold of a short time ago, by far is the best book test I have ever seen (- and I have seen most of them)
Actually this is not "just" a book test or a routine as such, it is a full act, with seven amazing effects each stronger than the other. The Grand Finale just kills! (- well, they all do!)
The Seafire Sequence is, as inn all the other Osterlind material, also a gold mine of performing hints and advices, psychology and tons of subtleties.

Heaven only knows what Richard will come up with in an updated version of the Seafire Sequence, supposedly playing even stronger than the original.
I wouldn't have thought that to be possible. However, if Richard says so, I am in no doubt about that it will.

Save your money to get this!

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Transparent 3-way force bag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL