The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pk bending meets the finger blister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DYL
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
73 Posts

Profile of DYL
Heat can also be deceptive. If you are told something is hot andf that's what you expect, you wont just grab it full on.
You proably would try a quick touch so you don't get burnt! The cold itself can feel like heat for that instant, if your mind is thinking that.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Another great one from Babakali! I have to give this one a try! Great thinking bro!

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
You know, using the Banacheck method for the bend and break, you could very easily put a real blister on your finger at exactly the right place, if you want that touch of authenticity. Also, you don't have to worry about the blister vanishing too soon after.

As for heating the spoon, you could do this: During the meal, order hot tea. When attention (or preferably your audience)is elsewhere, drink yor water, then refil the water glass with the hot water for the tea.

When you do the bend and break later, let the pieces fall into the waterglass as you reveal the blister. When they find that the water's hot, they'll think it was because of the heat in the spoon.

Not something to rely on all the time, but a nice embellishment when the situation arises.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Thanx for the nice touches...
Although we give Banachek credit, undoubtedly, this is an effect that has been used and elaborated upon for a longer time than we suppose....
I guess I could sumise how to put the blister on the finger using the bro*en Pie**s
heh? at any rate, the k** is definitely a reliable and believeable prop...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pk bending meets the finger blister (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL