The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Two Child Birthday show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RideorDie99
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of RideorDie99
Hi Café,

Just wondering how do any of you handle a two-child birthday show. When the parents have two children, and they want to celebrate both their children's birthday together.

Please let me know. I have one booked and haven't performed one before. Do you make both the star and have both come up and be volunteers??

Please let me know.

Thanks,
STOP DROP SHUT THEM DOWN AND OPEN UP SHOP
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Yes.

We've had parties of up to four or five sharing. You can't feature them all holding a magic wand, but you can easily think of something else.

My "Happy Birthday" tapes, which I record myself on electric organ, have the tune on six times (just in case).

Tony.
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Just do your normal show. I pick both birthday children for different routines. I had three birthday children at the weekend, so I just used each child one at a time to help.
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
If the kids are the same age, twins, or just a year or so apart, I just do my normal party. If, however, the age difference is huge, i.e., a four-year old and a nine-year old, I wont take the booking.

I know from experience the party will be extremely hard work, with the nine-year olds trying to dominate the party, and scaring the four-year olds.

I did a party last year for a five-year old. The party consisted of the birthday kid and 20 of his friends. His Mum had let his older 8-9 yr old brothers and sisters invite a few of their friends as well. The birthday kid plus some of his friends spent half the party hiding in the kitchen as the actions of the 8-9-10 year olds running round pushing to the front all the time frightened them.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
139 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
Yes, definitely. You do not want to make one child more special than the other. Use them both for volunteers. Try to use them both even if only one volunteer is called for. For example, have them each hold then end of a silk if you normally have one volunteer hold both ends. Have them each hold a wand or have one wear the hat while the other holds the wand.
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Yes I just always make sure I have 2 tricks that are used for each b-day child. I also use both of their names as the magic word for the day so they both feel special. It is basically my same show but I learn to adapt to incorporate both children.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
I'll try to include both. If I have to pick either one of them due to the nature of the trick, it will depend on situation like:

1) If the age group is wide (5 yrs and 9 yrs), I'll pick the younger one and let the older kid know that they are big kid now. They'll like to be recongnized as the 'older' ones.

2) If it is a shared group or they are twins, I'll get one up to perform with me and give a special balloon to the other.

3) If BOTH wants to perform together, I'll just get one to hold the item, the other to say magic word or 'guard' his/her peers to see if they have done it right. Both kids receive applause in the end.

I do have situations where the party if for 5 years old and her sister is 11 years old and the older girls are just not interested in my show. They do their own stuff and even disturb my show.

I can still get them to involve by asking them to be 'guardians' during the show. They will guide and teach the younger kids to clap when I do the show.

Because I recognise them as older kids, they will usually do what I said.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Two Child Birthday show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL