The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coloured chairs effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RG Allen
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of RG Allen
Hello,

I am new to the Café, and wonder if you can help me find a method for a type of chair effect performed by Derren Brown in one of his TV series programmes (I am sorry, I don't recall which series). Several specators sit down on chosen chairs, and are found to have sat on chairs which match a coloured card they are holding.

In fact, I am not after his actual method (I don't think that it would be right to enquire about that) - but rather a few book references that deal with effects of this kind, as I want to add something similar to my act.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Regards,

RGA
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
There is a somewhat similar effect in Banachek's "Pre-Thoughts".
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
The show was his Russian Roulette.

As a first-poster asking about doing a Derren Brown-type effect I also suggest buying an asbestos suit in preperation for the flames which will be coming your way...

;)
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
As I've expressed elesewhere "Chairvelopes" is in my opinion very difficult if not impossible to perform. few people could pull it off with success but if you know it and you dare to try it it is actually much more than a single prediction of colours.you forecast which colored chairs participants left empty and which colored chair a lady will choose and also you have predicted that all of them will not be able to find a large denomination bill who is inside one of four envelopes they can mix and freely select. unfortunately Marc Spelman chair prediction was not as clean as I came to expect so I cannot recommend it over other versions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coloured chairs effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL