The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The 3 Best??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Glen and MB217:

I know he is a modest man, but he may come across as being arrogant in that post. I just think he should not.
Deal cards, not drugs!
daffy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of daffy
Living:

- Daniel Rhod
- Guy Hollingworth
- Christian Chelman

Dead:

- Edward Marlo
- John Scarne
- Jimmy Nuzzo
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Living:
Jerry Sadowitz- below the cover of dark, abusive humor, Jerry is actually an exceedingly skilled card manipulator. He is also exceedingly creative and original.
Rene Lavande- Rene's skill with a pack of cards is unsurpassed. To think that all his effects are performed with one hand! On top of that however, is the fact that every one of his tricks is well presented, and his theatrical, poetical style adds to the illusions he creates.
Alex Elmsley- Elmsley has to be one of the most prolific creators of magic of the last century, and the "Collected Works", by Steven Minch, only go to prove the diversity in the range of effects he performed, allowing him to create magic for even the most diverse audiences. His technical skill is also exceedingly high.

Dead:
Ross Bertam- Whilst I am relatively knew to the world of Ross Bertram, it is clear that he had skill that even the masters dreamed of. His technical ability is of the highest degree, and his effects, whilst difficult to perform, were always performed with ease.
Ed Marlo- What do I need to say? He is positively the greatest source for card sleights and techniques that ever lived.
John Ramsay- Master of misdirection.

Owen
WaterTorture
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of WaterTorture
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 06:10, daffy wrote:
Dead:

- Edward Marlo
- John Scarne
- Jimmy Nuzzo

Psssttt... Nuzzo is still alive.
Hamil
View Profile
New user
Bay Area California
94 Posts

Profile of Hamil
I thnk maybe your youth betrays you Tielie, unless of course you have sat down with Glen and a deck of cards.

I also agree with Glen regarding Bill Malone as being one of the top 3 card men. I'm just glad I'm young enough to most likely be around when Malone lets us all in on the actual depth he has with cards.

Hey Glen, FYI, Steven Youell will be at the California Magic and Novelty Co. in Martinez California February 4 and 5th......if your going to be in the area.
http://www.calmagic.com/
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thanks... I don't make much magic conventions because I tour as a hypnotist in tne winter - spring. I also will be missing the FFFF... Because of the same reason...

Thanks again...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am not familiar with the work of or even some of the names of many of the great card men mentioned. I do like theses guys:
Ricky Jay
Ed Marlo
Lennaart Green

Why, I do not know for sure. In particular I am not sure why I like Ricky Jay so much. I think it is his personality more than anything. Ed Marlo seems to me to have known and invented more moves and tricks than a horse has hairs and could do stuff equal to or better than anyone. Lennart Green is so imaginative. I would to love to see the work of all of all of the other guys who have been mentioned, they must be good. Apart from great hands I think it is great imagination that makes a good card guy, great.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Ed Marlo, Roy Walton and Fernando Keops.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 05:02, Tielie wrote:
Glen and MB217:

I know he is a modest man, but he may come across as being arrogant in that post. I just think he should not.

Tielie, you're still missing it and off on a tangent just to make a point that only you seemed to make a point of in the first place. Even it it sounds that way to you, it's clearly not what Bish meant...I mean in retrospect and by his own admission in responding to you, he had no intent on being arrogant. I doubt if anyone mistook what he said for being arrogant in his initial response here. Oh well, kid you have your oppinion on it, everybody's got them but it's such a small and petty point within the scope of the string here...I doubt if anyone took offense, or if Bish will loose any recognition or fans of his tremendous work, most immediately because of the unbalanced dynamic here in your particular offering of criticism.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thanks very much for the kind words and the support Mb217... I am not offended at all...

I would also like to add to the list Ross Bertram. And if magicians are interested in watching some great close up with cards coins dice for them to get the L and L Ross Bertram tapes. he does some great work that he and his wife filmed and can now see on those tapes.

Thanks again...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Anyone mention Freeman yet? How about Steve Youell? This is such a tough thing to do because there are so many great guys. Also, I've seen some guys that really can handle cards well, but have the personality of a doorknob. That's probably the most important thing when it comes to being an entertainer.
daffy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of daffy
WaterTorture: Psssttt... Nuzzo is still alive.

Oups, mistake :-(
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Bish,
I had already mentioned Bertram (not that there is a problem with repetition)...its good to see another Bertram supporter!
As for Freeman...i have never seen him, but have heard only the best things about him! I am waiting for my copy of Dai Vernon's Revelations Vol.14 to be re-written (the video did not work when I first bought it)...on this volume Ammar, Freeman, Vernon, and Ouellet all perform...I can't wait!
Owen
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Living:

- Lennart Green
- Darwin Ortiz
- Daryl

Dead:

- Edward Marlo
- John Scarne
- Dai Vernon
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Living:
-Daryl
-Paul Harris
-Lennart Green

Deceased *but always with us*
-Derek Dingle
-Dai Vernon
-Ed Marlo
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Of those I've actually seen, Tamariz has amazed me the most. I've seen him absolutely seduce crowds of knowledgeable spectators for hours with just a deck of cards. Effortless magic without the slightest suspicion of any "moves." His great persona seems to suggest that there's no way this guy could be doing anything sophicticated.

Lennart Green is also amazing and entertaining. And Daryl.
master class pass
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of master class pass
I think living maybe the top two you guys probably won't know them but Lee martin Urpotab Jr. and of course fred xavier wevets I once saw fred just amaze some kids with a deck of cards well I shouldn't say kids they were teenagers.he told them to watch the money card then with a swift hand of an annoyed teenager flipped over the money card which was suppose to be an ace of diamonds and it was a blank card the kid then turned the others over which were suppose to be two queen of diamonds and those were blank also. I have no clue how he did it. then the kidstepped back and said "oh snap dawg. howed you do that" the next thing I saw him do was had a deck shuffled by sixteen spectators then he was returned the deck and with just with five shuffles returned the deck to new deck order then had it shuffled again and he made the aces vanish and appear in different pockets without palming he showed his hands front and back the whole time then made the deck vanish and had someone in the audience name a card and it appeared in between the aces.I asked him after his performance if he used stooges he said no. I couldn't beleave it. Hes planing a lecture tour but hasn't decide where he's going to go and his lecture notes Ive heard have all these effects in them.Lee has the beststop trick ever and invisible palm aces ever and I can't forget his wild card its better than tommy wonders and paul wilsons and ian lings and daryl clocols wild card combined and his ring on string routine is quick and some visual moments like changing the color of the string and making the string vanish and appear inside the ring making the ring vanish and fish for the ring and catch like a fish very visual. You guys are probaly saying why haven't I heard of these guys.there like underground legends oh and lees pass is awesome young guys and old guys think there good at the pass I beleave the best people who perform the pass are me and lee. I love these guys there way better then vernon and marlo way way way better.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Ok, so the guy who posted that he was going on TV in two days and wondered what tricks he should do is also one of the two best in the world at the pass, and way, way, way better than Marlo and Vernon. And this post goes uncalled and the other one generates nothing but congratulations?! Am I the only one who hears 'em turning in their graves?

Quote:
On 2005-04-09 21:45, master class pass wrote:
I beleave the best people who perform the pass are me and lee. I love these guys there way better then vernon and marlo way way way better.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The 3 Best??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL