The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Blackstones floating light bulb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
Can any body tell me where I can get the floating light bulb I cant find it any where
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Blackstone's version is not sold.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
There is a good book by Burling Hull on the floating light which is close to the Blackstone method.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Right, I had forgotten Burling Hull's book. He wrote so much goofy stuff at one time his nickname was "Hurling Bull" Smile
mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
There is one I saw in llpublishing it said it floats like 12ft from the performer that's what I'm looking for llpublishing said that they cant get it anymore Smile
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
I have made them and am will to make you one but they do take a lot of time and waste!

J
krantis
View Profile
Regular user
AUSTRALIA
106 Posts

Profile of krantis
There is quite a bit involved in 'hook ups' re. the blackstone method.
I have seen the concept of the 'astrosphere' - ball clinging to cloth... done with a globe - it looked fantastic.. Nice quick and visual concept.
Darren Romeo I believe was the last to take on the B.stone Floating globe and I believe still performs it. I also think he had great help from gay herself, so I have read.
Finn Jon sold many years ago, his floating ball through 'Taurus Magic Supply' in England. You can find them on the web. It is owned I believe by Derek Lever.
The hook up and concept there is similar to the lance Burton floating canary cage. Perhaps try 'Taurus'.
:)
mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
Thanks ill try taurus
James Malone-Lee
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of James Malone-Lee
Who publishes Burling Hull's book?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hull has been out of print for over 20 years. Check your used bookies, like H&R and Byron Walker. Maybe http://www.abebooks.com
Master of Deception
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Master of Deception
I was also looking for the floating lightbulb trick, and I'm afraid the news is not good. The company who made them closed sometime ago. I was told this by Roy Marsh Who is, I think an A.M.I.M.C. I was dissapointed in hearing this. How ever. I think there is some version similar on Paul Daniels' webpage. Just click on http://www.pauldaniels.co.uk or if that isn't it serch for it on google.
The magic is in the magicians perfected performance.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Burling Hull book is a Tannen publication. I believe it is still being produced by D. Robbins (E-Z Magic). D. Robbins is a wholesaler so you have to contact your favorite dealer for availability. Abbott's Magic carry it as a standard book. It is only a few $s.

Abbott's originally made the Blackstone Floating Light bulb. It may still be made by them. It is not as good as when Percey Abbott made them.

The bulb that LLPub sold was a plastic Atomic Light or Lamp. It is not very good, but may look okay from stage. Not close up at all. If anyone wants it I will sell mine, never used for $12.50 plus shipping. Comes with wood hoop and instructions.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Romeo has leased the performance rights to the Blackstone Jr. presentation.

Jr's bulb was not made by Abbott's but I cannot discuss it more.

The Burling Hull book is a very good reference.

Marshall made the floating glass of milk which Blackstone Sr. also did at one time.

One point to remember is there is no "out" on this trick. If the t------d breaks, you better be a good talker like Jr. or you are hammered. And I must saw I saw it fail for him at least on three occasions.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
implicit
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of implicit
I don't think you should buy blackstone's.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Why would you want this? have you NO imagination or pride in creating your OWN magic or no respect for someone elses work?

Gary

P.S - I'm on the lookout for large Perspex Box, suitable for suspending over London, pm me if you have one. Cheers
MaxwellGrant
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of MaxwellGrant
I seem to recall that when you buy the floating bulb from Abbott's, that book comes with it, or it did at one time.

PS: Nothing at Abbott's is as good as when Percy was there.

PPS: Nothing today is as good as it was when we were young.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Blackstones floating light bulb (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL