The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Seriously Silly by David Kaye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I agree 100% with Tim on this one...I have had the book for a while now and have read it twice (almost). I don't think of it as "buying a magic book"...I consider this "an investment". The information in this book WILL make you a better performer (kids and adults). Highly Recommended!

Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine

P.S. Anyone know where to buy those novelty windshield wiper glasses?
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Got the book middle of last week, and absolutely love it. I don't agree with all of David's ideas, but it is a great book. A must buy for any performer who does kid or family shows. I'd love to get a pair of the wiper glasses myself...

Ken
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Too busy performing to have more than
313 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
The Glasses are available here--www.shadesoffun.com/Nov-CP/wiper_sunglasses.html but they are not cheap! I hope someone can find a cheaper source than this. The routine is great isn't it.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I had found those too...but they are quite expensive! I know there is a cheaper version of the wiper glasses out there...just can't seem to locate them...

Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Did you guys have Silly Billy's lecture note books before this book? If so, how much new stuff is there in this new book? Thanks.

JIm
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I would say almost 100% of his former lecture note material is here in one form or another - but revised, updated and illustrated. You won't find a lot that is brand-new save for the tricks and some of the essays in the beginning and end of the book. But if you want all his thoughts and material in one handy durable edition, this book is the way to go!
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I didn't have any of his material, so this was a gold mine of information. I laughed out loud many times from his anecdotes...

Ken
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
The glasses are here for $28 shipping included!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......ory=4086
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2005-03-14 17:15, fishermagic wrote:
I had found those too...but they are quite expensive! I know there is a cheaper version of the wiper glasses out there...just can't seem to locate them...

Cody S. Fisher
MUM Magazine

My wiper glasses came yesterday from shades of fun - excellent and speedy service. The glasses are really top-quality- comes with wipers and blinking lights too! Very durable but on the downside - rather heavy for a small kid to wear! I had another Made in China pair several years ago, but very flimsy. If you're going to do a lot of shows, I'd seriously recommend spending the US$70 fro a professional prop!
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Magic books are typically not the type of book one reads cover to cover. I have to admit that I read the one cover to cover. I had given up kids shows quite awhile ago. After reading Kaye's book, I have second thoughts....

Read, learn and enjoy!

~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
This is a great book. I liked reading about his shows he performed for celebs.
Bruce Bray
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
43 Posts

Profile of Bruce Bray
This book is packed with ideas you can use instantly. David teaches what is funny to children and more importantly why. The chapter on solving the top 10 problems in kid shows is worth the price of the book. You can order it at SillyMagic.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I have not read the book or seen S.B.

I did get a pair of the wiper glasses and have been having fun with them for about a couple of weeks.

The prop fit very well into my Nearly Normal Themed Show!

I got mine from Germany. They look exactly like the 70$ ones. The ebay seller raised his price since the time I bought mine. I was amazed that they were shipped in about 7 or 8 days from the time I payed for them.

I am guessing people that are workers are creating routines that are just as good as the well known guys. When this nearly normal is doing more shows, he gets more creative.(beware of someone that refers to himself in second or third person)

I hope to meet some of you in Boston.(July 2005 during the S.A.M. Convention)

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
I do not know many books for children magic, but I reckon this is the one book that is rather well knowned for children magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Seriously Silly by David Kaye (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL