The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hello All,
I'm working through Chris Kenner's Out of Control book and was wondering what are some of his other published works? Does anyone have info on how to contact him via e-mail? I know he's incredibly busy working with DC but I hope to still get a response via e-mail.
Thanks,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
To my knowledge I thnk that's the only book by chris kenner

it was out of print for a long time and only recently been reprinted

its a good book so all the best to the stuff there

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Kenner put out a magazine with Homer Liwag called "The Magic Man Examiner." From what I understand it's tough to get ahold of, but supposedly has some real gems in it.

He published (with Dan Garrett) a manuscript on the Boomerang Rubberband, which is a really neat thing if you ever get to see it done.

I'm also certain that he had another book of his work before "Out of Control", but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. I think it was comb-bound, but I can't be sure.

He's put out at least one set of lecture notes, "World Tour Lecture Notes"

Hope this helps.

Paul

[Just looked it up. His book was called "The Right Stuff"]
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks Paul! I have a copy of the "Boomerang Rubberband" and although it seems very neat in effect I've learned it does take quite a certain knack to make it work....it would make a great prelude to his "Linking Rubberband" effect. I will look into his "The Right Stuff". Again, thanks!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
His first book is called 'The Right Stuff'. There is quite a bit of overlap between this book and TOOC. Still there are some very good effects. Last time I checked Tannen's had this. I got it from them a couple of years ago.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Chris also worked on Magical Arts Journal as an illustrator. I have an issue of that publication with a Coin Routine of Kenner's called "Four In Hand Surprise".
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
The stuff that Kenner has put out is on the inside cover or the first page of Out of Control.

He put out the Magic Man Examiner with Homer Liwag and his other book was the Right Stuff.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
And the next new book will be????????
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I don't think Chris has plans for another book anytime soon... almost all of his time is spent with Copperfield on tour.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Chris Kenner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL