The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Paul Daniel's performs this trick as the operner to his four minute magic routine. He holds a red silk in both hands lets go and it has appered as a rose on his lapel.
Does anyone know where I would be able to find this trick? If it is on DVD, in a book or to buy could you please let me know?

Thanks
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Lukas

This is an effect put out by Fukai from Japan. He can sometimes be seen at The Blackpool convention or there is usually a dealer that sells this item. It is basically a reel that is threaded through a silk in a certain way so that when it is dropped it folds up to a rose shape

All the best

Stuart Brown
Derby Magic Circle
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
This effect was origially marketed by P&L as ribbon to rose.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My first time to use this was in about 1980. Another magician, Zardin and Pat were getting married. She wanted a magic wedding. We were friends so I was the magician drafted. (Besides, I never pass up a chance to be seen with pretty women!)

The routine was this:

When the preacher asked for the rings, I pulled the silk from the coat lapel and then, in essence, did a twin dove production. The wedding rings were attached to the doves' legs with ribbons.

It was a first for me!

(John Zardin was killed in an automobile accident in 1996. He lived magic.)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Sanada also used it to change a silk into a card fan. The gimmick was built into the last card of the fan and it looked good.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Lapel silk to rose (using a reel) is a Peter Glovicsky creation.

He was doing a manipulation act in the seventies, culminating with a multiple giant balls productions. The silk to rose is described in his lecture-notes.

Few years ago Fukai marketed the effect.

In Glovicksy lecture-notes it was described with a triangle-silk, I think french illusionnist Patrick Droude did it first with a ribbon.
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
Also if anybody is interested I have found that SEO Magic is selling Fukai´s Silk to Rose:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......ts_id/69

I own it and it is in great quality.

-Fred
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Peter Gloviczki performed at Abbott's in 1983 and 1984. He retired the act to work at the Mayo Clinc.

The ribbon to rose goes back to P&L not Gloviczki or Fukai. Fukai did repopularize it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Saw Fukai at The Winter Carnival this year and he sold everyone he had.

He did his routine by keeping the pull back hid most of the time thru blocking and stage presence (ie you did not see the rose jump back, it was in his hand and suddenly it was vanished and appeared back at his lapel).
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Rose (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL