The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Can't find trick where thought off card is at predetermined position at the end of the trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Hi,

I am looking for a self-working trick I once came across but I can't remember the details nor the name of the author.

Perhaps someone can help as I remember it being a great selfworking trick.

Steps as far as I recall :
0. setup: the forced card is at a specific location in the deck (position X)
1. magician predicts a that a card Y (selected by the spectator) will be at a specific position (Z) at the end of the trick
2. spectator is asked to remember a number from 1 to 20 and take that many cards from the deck and put them aside (out of sight).
3. magician takes 20 cards and shows them all one-by-one to the spectator who must remember the card that corresponds to his selected number (from step 2).
4. magician puts his 20 cards back together with the cards that remained on the table
5. the spectator's "selected" card is now always at a position Z in the deck regardless of the number he had chosen in step 2.

As mentioned I'd appreciate if someone can point me to the origin of this trick.

Thanks,
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Paul Gordon, I think. If I get a chance later I'll see if I can find it, can't remember the name off hand.
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Hi magicthree,
Thanks in advance : looks promising Smile
I am curious if you can find the reference.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Looks like "Where it has to go" from Rick Lax. Method is similar to Paul Gordon's Unfathomable Location. For more variations search for Automatic Placement here at the Café.
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Hi Ferry,
Thanks for those pointers and the reference to the underlying principle.
Exactly what I was looking for.
Excellent.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Vietnam Card trick ?
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
You can find tricks like this in The Last Word on Cards by "Rufus" Steele also..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Can't find trick where thought off card is at predetermined position at the end of the trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL