The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Photo Prediction Issue on iPhone XS Max (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
The home screenshots are distorted on an iPhone XS Max, even when taking new screenshots on the new phone. Is there a way to get this working, and if not, is there an estimated time when an update will fix the issue.

I understand your efforts are focused on your new app at the moment, but please don't abandon PP. Thanks, Gui!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2019, Steven Keyl wrote:
The home screenshots are distorted on an iPhone XS Max, even when taking new screenshots on the new phone. Is there a way to get this working, and if not, is there an estimated time when an update will fix the issue.

I understand your efforts are focused on your new app at the moment, but please don't abandon PP. Thanks, Gui!

Agree

Photo prediction has been one of my favorite magic apps and always be my go to effect to perform, but recently I switched from my old iphone 6s to Iphone XR and the apps doesn’t works like Steven mentioned above.

I hope Gui can fix the issue ASAP.

Regards,

Diga
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I messaged Gui about this issue a couple of weeks back. He said that an update is in the works. I have an iPhone XR and PP did not fit my screen properly . I recently purchased another app that had similar issues. And it was fixed and approved by Apple within a week. So I don’t know how long it should or will take for PhotoPrediction to be updated.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Any update about this situation ???
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Still haven’t receive any update yet ??? 😣
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I think it’s safe to say, at this point the email I got from the creator was no more than a delay tactic. Very similar to what Alan Rorrison did with the any dice app. Which still hasn’t had an update to this day. ( I will never purchase any products from Alan again for his deceiving attempts )
It’s been quite sometime since he’s stated there was an update in the works. I can say from experience that the update is not too difficult to make happen. I had the exact same issue with the tell-a-photo app by Max Krause . And he told me that he was working on an update. The difference between Max and Gui imo, is that Max delivered on his word. The update was ready for me within 7 days of my raised issue. I’m kind of under the impression that since TAP ( The architect of prediction ) came out, he may not feel like there’s a need to update photo prediction. TAP is from my understanding, miles ahead of PP. I hope that I’m wrong. But after getting no response from Gui on my concern for not providing an update, I fear it’s not his priority to do so. And for this reason I cannot purchase The architect of predictions. Trust me, I want too. But after the lack of customer support that he’s clearly displayed in my opinion. I’m thinking that I may receive the very same type service I have for PP. I really hope he comes on here and sets me straight with an update. But not likely. Unfortunately. If customer service is what you guys want, I recommend any of Max Kraus’s products. He will go out of his way to ensure that your concerns and needs are met.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, everyone!

First of all, I'm really sorry about the delay in PhotoPrediction update. As I said to Lonnie, I'm working on the update and yes, it should be available soon. It's not a "tactic" delay: I'm a independent magician and developer. PhotoPrediction has been in the market for more than 6 years, with regular updates all this time. I know a bunch of apps that have not been updated for years.

This time was a little bit different: I released a new app, and there is a LOT going on with it. This is not your fault, of course, but it's something I have to care too.

Updating an app is not "that easy". Trust me, there is a LOT of work to launch an update. I had to re-write a lot of things that had changed with the language, besides all the work to make the app compatible with the new iPhones, since this adjust is manual in the case of PP. I've already submitted 2 versions that were rejected by Apple, since their guidelines changed too. So it's not true that I forget the app or something like that.

If this is the impression I caused I'm sure that's MY FAULT, because I didn't managed to launch an update in time, no matter the reason. I'm running to launch the update as soon as possible, but do notice that the process is not as simple as Lonnie said and I'm trying to do my best to conciliate my time with both apps, gigs, messages I receive and, of course, my family. I'm really sorry!

All my best,

Gui
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Gui Del Frate wrote:
Hi, everyone!

First of all, I'm really sorry about the delay in PhotoPrediction update. As I said to Lonnie, I'm working on the update and yes, it should be available soon. It's not a "tactic" delay: I'm a independent magician and developer. PhotoPrediction has been in the market for more than 6 years, with regular updates all this time. I know a bunch of apps that have not been updated for years.

This time was a little bit different: I released a new app, and there is a LOT going on with it. This is not your fault, of course, but it's something I have to care too.

Updating an app is not "that easy". Trust me, there is a LOT of work to launch an update. I had to re-write a lot of things that had changed with the language, besides all the work to make the app compatible with the new iPhones, since this adjust is manual in the case of PP. I've already submitted 2 versions that were rejected by Apple, since their guidelines changed too. So it's not true that I forget the app or something like that.

If this is the impression I caused I'm sure that's MY FAULT, because I didn't managed to launch an update in time, no matter the reason. I'm running to launch the update as soon as possible, but do notice that the process is not as simple as Lonnie said and I'm trying to do my best to conciliate my time with both apps, gigs, messages I receive and, of course, my family. I'm really sorry!

All my best,

Gui

Hello Gui, and thanks for the reply.

Rewriting the language for apps are not as easy as I’ve described in most cases. And I would like to point out some of the things you’ve mentioned. You are absolutely correct. Everyone has a life outside of maintaining products that are put out. Their personal lives are outsides of the business portion and sometimes gets tangled into one another. I am not to prideful to say that I am in the wrong with this. Because I believe I am wrong with the way I approached this specific subject. And for that, I apologize. As I mentioned, I’m not the type of person to hide behind private messages admitting that I made a mistake. So I wanted to do it here. That way, anyone who reads my previous comments, will see that I did intact react inappropriately. And very much too soon. I understand that you have several projects to maintain and keep up on. I also understand what it’s like with the family and having to try and separate my personal life from my business life.

Unfortunately, it’s things like this that capture the misinterpretation of this situation. You and I don’t know each other personally, so I was not aware of the two previous attempts that were rejected. And I also sometimes forget that others have their own things going on. I did message and email you. But just because you didn’t respond, doesn’t mean that I had the right to come to a public forum and say what I said. I should have been more patient. My love for your product has created frustration on my behalf. But I failed to take into consideration that you also have other things that are more important to take care of first. This is something I understand fully. I said some things that I wish I didn’t. And those things could have an effect on others who read them. Regardless of my personal feelings at that time, I would like to take back the negative things I may have said about your character. It’s simply not true. I allowed my frustration to get ther best of me. And again, I would like to apologize. I shouldn’t allow my past expieneces with other creators to have an effect someone who has not done anything directly to effect me. I would still like to be a part of your customer base and I’m looking forward to an update for photo prediction. I’ll try and clear up any misleading representation I may have stated on any of the posts that had to do with your product.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
It’s been 7 months now and the last time I checked still there is no update about this app in the app store 😫😖
So sad ! I’ve been dying to perform this trick but the “screen issues” prevent me to perform it

And I don't know but i’m starting to think that there will be no more support update for this app anymore,
So that we only have one option left which is buying the latest app from Gui that has similarities with PP which is TAP.

😖😫
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, DigaMag wrote:
It’s been 7 months now and the last time I checked still there is no update about this app in the app store 😫😖
So sad ! I’ve been dying to perform this trick but the “screen issues” prevent me to perform it

And I don't know but i’m starting to think that there will be no more support update for this app anymore,
So that we only have one option left which is buying the latest app from Gui that has similarities with PP which is TAP.

😖😫

I’m with you. I’ve been beyond patient and gave the benefit of the doubt to Guy for a very long time. The funny thing is, the outcome so far appears to be very similar to my original comment when it comes to this product. Which imo sounds almost spot on now that it’s been almost a year since Guy emailed me that an update is in the works and should be out in a couple of weeks.
Since Guy doesn’t feel that an explanation of some sort to his PP customers is needed, then I’m going to assume that his most recent product ( TAP ) will also receive the same treatment when he develops a newer app. It makes it very difficult to purchase anything else from Guy with confidence if this is how he treats his customers. Especially since he’s the one who’s stated an update is underway.

I hate to say it DigaMag, but it doesn’t look like we will be getting that update. Which is very unfortunate because PP was my all time favorite app.

The good news is, I’m sure someone else will create something similar and actually keep up on updates. I’ve read that Myke Phillips is working on a photo prediction app currently. So there’s that to look forward too.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
You can do everything that pp does and much much more with TAP. You will not be disappointed with TAP. I am working on a project with 700k outs.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Had so much fun with this app on my old iPhone.
But at this moment still not working correctly on an iPhone XR - IOS 14.2.
Too bad, especially since this app is still being sold in de app-store and is pretty useless when you own a newer iPhone....

TAP looks great, but not willing to buy it.
When you abandon your old customers, don't expect they will be there when you have a new product....
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
TAP is great and doesn't have any issues. There is a big update coming soon I think.
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
Sounds like it’s better to jump directly to TAP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Photo Prediction Issue on iPhone XS Max (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL