The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The 11 of Clubs (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
This was just funny at a restaurant last week. I asked a woman to just think of any card in the deck. I handed her a new deck to remove and sign her thought of card. I could tell she was having some difficulty and she replied, "It's not in here"

It was a new deck so I new it was in there (so I thought) She looked at me and said "How did you know to take out the card I was thinking of?" Now I was confused and asked her what card was she thinking of. She replied the 11 of clubs.
Her husband bust out laughing and then we all had a good laugh after she realized. Too funny!
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Great story. Thanks for the laugh today.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
But there is an 11 of clubs! We just call it jack Smile
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I enjoyed the story. Glad the woman was able to laugh at herself.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
LMAO. Thanks for sharing
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I think we are the last generation of magicians who will consider playing cards to be an ordinary item. More and more people may never have played a card game in their lives. Already I think it's fair to say that most people do not know spades from clubs.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I think we are the last generation of magicians who will consider playing cards to be an ordinary item. More and more people may never have played a card game in their lives. Already I think it's fair to say that most people do not know spades from clubs.

I've found that people as well as the kids ARE familiar with playing cards in general BUT, yes many
don't know clubs from spades. They sometimes call Clubs, Clovers and can't identify the diamond pip.
I'm surprised how many kids DO know the suits. Regardless card effects are STILL VERY popular with everyone, I find.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
madmalone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of madmalone
In Spain this happened more regulary cause some people there are more familiar with the spanish deck (diferent suits and only 12 values per suit) total of 48 cards.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I once did the card on the ceiling and asked the woman if she saw her card up there? She said no. I was flumoxed because not only was her card there but it was signed by her. I didn't point this out but the rest of the table chuckled because they could see it WAS there.

By the way. After two years I've finally got a restaurant gig again. I lost three when the lockdown started "for two weeks to flatten the curve".
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The 11 of Clubs (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL