The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Youtube Channel for props (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

welwell
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of welwell
Check out my new Youtube channel: Bill's magic and halloween props
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHMiku6ODYy6xMz2Wmu47w
Just put most of it online today.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like all of those props welwell. The Gallows prop especially, which is pretty unique. The book is very cool as well, just wonder about the sounds.

My main question though, should you expose the methods on a publicly accessible channel? The fact that you show the method completely eliminates the mystery for those not in the know, and arms those who may be searching for ways to expose working magicians who employ these props in their shows.

Your products are very good. And I am an avid collector of Bizarre Magic props. I would argue that you re-shoot the videos and simply concentrate on story and effect. Those in the know, like me, fully understand the methods and get what's going on. We'll buy your products based on want, need, or both. Those who are not in the know, shouldn't know, until they are part of the community...in this case purchasing your prop and attaining the secret that she or he will hopefully respect.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I think that's a little too critical but I would agree that a reshoot might be a good idea. I'd just remove the reveal of the remote devices and just show the props in action. One other suggestion is for the remote activated gallows. You showed a 2 of diamonds and hung the Jack of hearts. Other than that, nice work.
Where the magic begins
welwell
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of welwell
OK. Good feedback. Will reshoot the videos and keep methods hidden.
welwell
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of welwell
Done. Videos have been re-shot with your comments and suggestions in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgHMiku6ODYy6xMz2Wmu47w
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Just ordered the little book of horrors. Can't wait to play with it for the up coming Halloween season.
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

BJ
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
The book arrived today. Great service and a really cool prop. Instructions were clear and batteries were included and installed which is a nice touch.
No affiliation with the seller, just glad I stumbled upon this post and am pleased with my purchase.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Much better WelWell! The Card Gallows is my favorite by far. I'm on a magic spending freeze right now due to my wife looking for work, but once that's done with, I'll have this on my radar!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I know Mr. Welwell, his is a great guy...highest recommendations of his props!
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Just ordered Spirit Bell today. Hoping to use it in some theater shows in October. Will let you guys know what I think. Looks great on the video.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Is there a website to find his props?
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Got The Spirit Bell a few days ago. Have had some time to play with it and use it in rehearsals. I like it a lot. The remote has good range. It can be controlled from the back of the theater.
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
163 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2021, mayhem wrote:
Is there a website to find his props?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/magicman1946/m.......=&_from=
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Why would anyone have to suggest to a magic YouTuber to keep the secrets hidden? Good lord.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
How do you get to see the details and cost and ordering of these item's?,bearing in mind if it's the US, which pretty certain ,then going to be crazy shipping costs on top.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Just wrapped up a 12 show run using the Spirit Bell. It worked flawlessly. Great battery life. Highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Youtube Channel for props (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL