The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A question for all the TT users out there (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
A quick question for all the TT users out there particularly those who use the Vernet range.....do you prefer the classic Vernet or the soft Vernet and is there any benefit of using one over the other especially when it comes to bill switches ?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I use the hard plastic for bill switches because the bills slide easier. The soft don't execute as well as the bill hangs up against the softer surface. My opinion.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:
I use the hard plastic for bill switches because the bills slide easier. The soft don't execute as well as the bill hangs up against the softer surface. My opinion.

+1
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Having a hard surface seems to help me with the switch as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated, would any of you say it makes a difference if you suffer with dry hands at all in regards to what TT you use ?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the XL hard version.
Mainly used with a silk/tt trick.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I also prefer the Vernet hard plastic.

Have a great day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
With dry hands you still should use the hard thumb tip but need your thumb to have some friction to pull the bil out.
I confess that I lick my thumb.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On May 27, 2019, warren wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated, would any of you say it makes a difference if you suffer with dry hands at all in regards to what TT you use ?

On my way to the gig I use O'Keefs hand cream generously which works very well for me.
I perform this switch "allot". I also have "Quick -Sort" in my close-up case for quick touch ups.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:

On my way to the gig I use O'Keefs hand cream generously which works very well for me.
I perform this switch "allot". I also have "Quick -Sort" in my close-up case for quick touch ups.

Thanks for the suggestion David I have tried O'keefs but it didn't do anything for me personally, to be honest when I'm at a gig my hands are better for some reason and have no bother with cards or coins however I wouldn't want to risk it when performing a bill switch especially as we're now using polymer bills in the UK now.
redheadjuggler
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of redheadjuggler
I've always used a Vernet Soft for bill switches.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for everyone's input I have decided to order both and see which one suits me best.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
With dry hands you still should use the hard thumb tip but need your thumb to have some friction to pull the bil out.

better than sticking it up your.......
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:

better than sticking it up your.......

...................................nose.... what did you think I was going to say? You guys making up your own jokes?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Having purchased one of each and tried them both out I have to say that the classic Vernet was better than the soft for me personally.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Classic Vernet TT I find works best for bill switch or silk work..
magictia
View Profile
New user
switzerland
23 Posts

Profile of magictia
The hard one make the bill slide better and make the move more fluid in my opinion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A question for all the TT users out there (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL