The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Any info on final circulation and ad rates? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Hey Gang,
I'm doing some research on various magic publications and am wondering if any of you could provide a couple of stats for me.

1. What was Magic's circulation when it stopped publication?
2. What was its advertising rates?
3. What was the page count of the magazine?

I really enjoyed the magazine when I was performing and am currently thinking of starting up a small niche e-magazine for magicians, so trying to do my homework.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks very much,
Kerry Kistler
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
I realize this question is really old. But I found the answers to questions 1 & 3.

Quote:
From magicmagazine.com:

Over the next few years, MAGIC Magazine grew to be the most successful conjuring magazine in history. Guinness Book of World Records named it the “World’s Largest-Selling Magazine for Magicians,” ultimately with a paid readership of over 10,000.

After a 25-year run totaling 301 issues and 31,526 pages, Stan retired MAGIC Magazine in the fall of 2016.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I suspect it's hard to make much money with a magic magazine, which is likely why Stan folded up the tent and Richard Kaufman sold out to an angel investor. They probably made more money with their Magic Live! and Genii conventions than they ever did from actual magazine subscriptions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Any info on final circulation and ad rates? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL