The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » New clown logo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My clown logo is now done. Any suggestions?

tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
DYNAMO ???
My suggestion is not use the same name another (well known) magician is already using !
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
Dynamite, I am absolutely no expert in clowning and have never done it, but I agree to maybe choose a different name. Dynamo is quite famous and it might be confusing to audiences. The design does look nice though Smile
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I say keep the name I think the world is big enough to house more than one Dynamo.

Love the artwork it's very kid friendly. Mine should be completed next week sometime. I'll post it when its done and if others suggest I change my name because there are 100 other Bubbles the Clown... Why I autta...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Okay, I will keep the same name. Thanks.
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Are you sure about the name?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yes I am sure.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, the choice of course is up to you however, since Steven performs professionally all over the world under the name of Dynamo, it's very possible he has copyright issues regarding that name. You may want to try and contact him before you have a problem.
Where the magic begins
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You could always add two more letters and become "Dynamote." Or a few more to become "Dynamouth". Or wear horns and become "Dynamoo." Or you could ignore the fools and stay "Dynamo." You can't copyright a name, only make it a trademark.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ha ha ha, Jim. Good one. I agree with you. Steven Frayne uses the name for being a magician. I use the name for being a clown. Ewbank uses name the for a cleaning solution detergent: https://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-39250/dy......QAvD_BwE I remember seeing "Dynamo" used as a kitchen cleaner scrubber years ago. There is a paperback book with the name Dynamo printed on it: https://www.amazon.com/DOUBLE-LIVE-DYNAM......&sr=8-23 Houston's soccer team is named "Dynamo." If Steven Frayne moved to my state using the name "Dynamo" causing me to lose profit, there would be an issue. I would take him to court asap.

I chose the name "Dynamike" many years ago back in the earlier 80's as my magician name. There is a street performer on the west coast using the name I discovered. I have no beef with him unless he moves to Michigan or any of the states bordering Michigan.

I see no issues between me and Steven Frayne unless we were living near each other. I would have that guy "banned" from using my name. Smile
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I like the clown, but I think the font is hard to read. I get the patterns inside, maybe work on the outline of the letters to make it more pronounced. Why not use the name DynaMike?
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
How "bout Dino-mite, got a bang to it.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
You should take some pictures in the Heidelberg project. It's a must for a Detroit clown.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I would suggest showing at least a little of the rabbit's face. The ears may not be self explanatory to many youngsters and their parents.

Julie
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Maybe draw the ren cen in the background. Nothing says Detroit like the ren cen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » New clown logo (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL